Random thought on skill gems

Would be pretty cool if levelling skill gems had something extra

Maybe every 10 levels they gain a new ability that you could choose from?

For example
Freeze pulse
lvl 10 - a) +1 additional projectile b) +10% projectile speed
lvl 20 - a) +5% freeze chance b) +15% chance to chill enemies

Not sure if its possible to do this for every skill but figured it was worth mentioning
The added bonus shouldnt just be more damage or something following the same linear path skill gems follow, but something new that really makes you choose between the two options
"just for try, for see and for know"
This would also give people incentive to stop cashing in their level 20 gems for 20% gems, another hard decision that needs to be made
Bump, i want some feedback :D and dont you dare bury this in some stupid suggestion forum...
Actually sounds interesting....but there are soooo many things that must be done before they start introducing new mechanics!
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
"
jdilly23 wrote:
Bump, i want some feedback :D and dont you dare bury this in some stupid suggestion forum...

Here's a suggestion - maybe the reason suggestions are exiled to the suggestion forum is because most people don't want to read them. :P

Personally, though, I quite like the idea of having different paths to choose from when upgrading your gems. Maybe there could be a 'gem tree'; each gem starts at a different place on the gem tree, but you can move around it if you really want to...
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
FUCKING SHIT FUCK THIS IS ALMOST AS BAD AS SUGGESTIONS -.-

And people want to read about twitch and people bitching about bandits? might as well delete general discussion all together
"
jdilly23 wrote:
This would also give people incentive to stop cashing in their level 20 gems for 20% gems, another hard decision that needs to be made
Releveling a gem is actually a serious time investment.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info