Confused regarding chaos inoculation

Yes it's another chaos incoulation thread.

Searches regarding it bring up hundreds of threads with conflicting half answers, so I need to make my own.

I'll get to the point right away.

The PoE wiki states in the Blood Rage description:
"Chaos Inoculation: This keystone will make you completely immune to the life drain effect of the skill while retaining all the benefits. "

Is this true? Do you retain ALL the benefits? Even the % Increased Attack Speed on Low Life?

If yes, is this the only exception to the rule, because it seems to be fairly unanimous that all "low on life" mods on items/skills are not in effect with CI.

Please help me clear up this confusion and give me more examples of exceptions of "low on life" working with CI.
Last edited by boof on Sep 12, 2012, 1:39:38 AM
"
boof wrote:
Is this true? Do you retain ALL the benefits? Even the % Increased Attack Speed on Low Life?
Technically, that is correct. You will gain "X% increased Attack Speed while on Low Life", which is the benefit of the Blood Rage buff.
However since you can't go to low life, that isn't actually useful to you.
Thanks for the response Mark, even if it is disappointing.
Was counting on the attack speed bonus from blood rage as a pretty important part of the character I'm making.
Well, you indirectly get attack speed as you get 3 frenzy charges. I use it on my spell witch and i will use it on my bow witch for sure.
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Yeah, blood rage is still an easy 3 frenzy charges and 5% life leech with no downside. Giving up the ability to use "low life" effects is just one of the downsides of taking the CI keystone.
"
Aplier wrote:
Yeah, blood rage is still an easy 3 frenzy charges and 5% life leech with no downside. Giving up the ability to use "low life" effects is just one of the downsides of taking the CI keystone.

If you want to use the life leech you'd need to take the new passive to make it apply to ES. Otherwise all you're getting are the frenzy charges.
Open beta is still BETA.
True, although I cant imagine any CI melee (or bow) not getting Ghost Reaver, it's a huge improvement to survivability for very little investment, =)
"
Zentradi wrote:
Well, you indirectly get attack speed as you get 3 frenzy charges. I use it on my spell witch and i will use it on my bow witch for sure.

True, I guess not all is lost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info