Suicide as an option for a starter (Farming)

Hello everyone,

i finally reach merciless with a character that can handle it (ice spear withc with sould mantle). The Currency drops in docks are good. I started to die from time to time to deny a level up. I am lvl 65 now and the drops are getting worse. I tried one map yet and wasnt happy with it. It went really slow and the drops where totally not worth the time of four dock runs (took me 40 minutes).

So my question is, did you used the death penalty to prevent leveling up, too? It is recommended at all? Share your wisdom.
i hate you redditors, you know who you are
Docks does not have that significan't of a currency penalty. I am guessing you ate feeling the effects of RNG more than anything. To answer your question, I would much rather find a piece of quantity gear rather than purposefully hault my leveling. I mean, you can start a new char and plow through a1 if all you want is no drop penalty.
"
Merluza wrote:
So my question is, did you used the death penalty to prevent leveling up, too? It is recommended at all? Share your wisdom.

No it is not recommended. For the purpose of the currency drop rate penalty no character is considered higher than lvl 68. That means when farming docks you will never get a higher drop penalty than 7.5% (68 - (63+2) x 2.5%). Hardly a reason for suicide.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Docks does not have that significan't of a currency penalty. I am guessing you ate feeling the effects of RNG more than anything. To answer your question, I would much rather find a piece of quantity gear rather than purposefully hault my leveling. I mean, you can start a new char and plow through a1 if all you want is no drop penalty.

RNG=?

read it alot today. couldnt figure it out :)

"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
Merluza wrote:

No it is not recommended. For the purpose of the currency drop rate penalty no character is considered higher than lvl 68. That means when farming docks you will never get a higher drop penalty than 7.5% (68 - (63+2) x 2.5%). Hardly a reason for suicide.

thanks for the math lesson. i will continue without dieying on purpose
RNG stands for Random Number Generator. It's a catch-all for stuff like damage variation, drop rates and the likes. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes the RNG hates you (and that's why it's sometimes called the RNGod as well).
funny explanation. i once played 5 hours straigt from cruel vaal - general. not ONE rare item for me. it all makes sense now
Well since the currency penalty stops in 68 level maps (or was it 66 I forget), there's literally no reason to suicide to stop yourself from levelling.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info