Totem + Ice Spear

Please explain to me how this combination works now in 0.9.12.

My Totem does not seem to fire Ice Spears like before (if you know what I mean :p). Also, there are times wherein the Totem just completely stops firing Ice Spears, even when there are mobs in range. It also happens that the mob is directly in front of the Totem yet it is not firing.
ive seen them stop firing completely also despit mobs in near melee range since 9.12...recasting is the workaround, but something isn't working right.
For me its more of a stuttering, sometimes they shoot more frequently and sometimes with a low frequenzy. The "activation range" is a lot smaller as well. (it used to be huuuge) - but the way it is now...far to small.

The stuttering problem (inconsistent shooting) appears as well on other projectile spell totems, like freezing pulse and fireball.

Maybe something got wrong with the code when switching the system of how projectiles work in this version.
Hardcore Theorycrafter
Recasting is also my workaround, but I dont like that because:

1. the casting cost is high.
2. it will be useless to level the Totem gem (increasing its duration) because it will stop firing anyway.
"
nheowitzki wrote:
2. it will be useless to level the Totem gem (increasing its duration) because it will stop firing anyway.

The level of the totem gem determines the life (and other defenses) of the totem.
Keeping it at low levels will almost guarantee that it will be shot to death before being able to pump out much damage.
There really is a bug related to totems but the range getting a lot smaller is actually a fix to old problem.
✠ ✠
It appears to be a bug. When the totem clears everything in the area, it switches off. A mob that wanders into totem attack range, gets aggro and attacks it, the totem still remains asleep.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
My totems just aren't working like they used to and it's very disappointing. Please bring them back to their former glory GGG.
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
My totems just aren't working like they used to and it's very disappointing. Please bring them back to their former glory GGG.

It is a known BUG and beeing worked on. The devs have said that more than once.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Glad to hear that, I hadn't read any comments on it before now. Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info