The Infernal Blow HEAVY METAL Marauder - Build Guide (1.1 Updated!)

Hi i´m using this triggers gems(update):

5L:CWDT+MOLTEN SHELL+ENDURING CRY+INCREASED DURATION+REJUVENATION TOTEM
4L:CWDT+ENDURING CRY+IMMORTAL CALL+INCREASED DURATION
4L:REDUCED MANA+HATRED+CLARITY+VITALITY

About 35.1K and 45.3K with HATRED (Infernal Blow)

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Apr 11, 2014, 2:05:33 PM
"
Problematique wrote:
"
Leeown wrote:
I might have missed it, but why dont we use Blood Magic? Or do we at some point? - I am lvl 34 or so, and I really struggle with mana tbh. How to deal with this besides drinking alot of potions?

This build does use Blood Magic, only in the form of a gem and not the keystone. When you have enough life and life regeneration, you can link your Infernal Blow with a blood magic gem and it will use your life pool to cast your attacks. In this case (and most cases) it is better to use the gem instead of the keystone. Because this way we retain our mana pool for auras, while our mana pool would just simply disappear when we'd take the BM keystone (this would force us to put auras on our life pool, which sucks).

Hope that cleared things up a bit!

I wonder if aura is that important thought, my marauder now at lvl 81 and i still have a lot of fun without auras. I can farm and kill boss at map lvl 71,72. The only downside is that i have more dps than my armor lol (10k5 dps compare to 10k armor), so i must pay more attention when tanking a heavy physic boss.

My currently gear, didnt care about that Marohi thought, its slow speed is unbearable for me.
Spoiler
Last edited by camapngu133 on Mar 30, 2014, 9:05:36 AM
I've just come back into the game after a short pause before the release of the 1.1 patch.
I had to refund all my passives and I was confused, as there is now only one final 1.1 build in this topic.

So I tried to balance offensive and defensive nodes, but even after a careful selection, I ended up with an far-too-offensive character. Level 51, I had 2000 HP and I was totally raped by the end of Act 3 Cruel, even with good resistances.

So now I focus only on defensive nodes and it's quite better. I'm farming the ledge Merciless without problem thanks to this build. But we definitely need the leveling builds !

By the way, I have been totally destroyed by Cruel Dominus. I deal with his adds quite easily, but then during the main phase I was just destroyed by his spells. I had something like 2100 or 2200 HP. Do you think it is too low to fight him ? How do you handle this boss alone ? This is strange because the build makes the game quite easy (against trash mobs and bosses, but DOminus gave me such a hard time, I had to group with someone to kill him)
"
chartreuse wrote:
I've just come back into the game after a short pause before the release of the 1.1 patch.
I had to refund all my passives and I was confused, as there is now only one final 1.1 build in this topic.

So I tried to balance offensive and defensive nodes, but even after a careful selection, I ended up with an far-too-offensive character. Level 51, I had 2000 HP and I was totally raped by the end of Act 3 Cruel, even with good resistances.

You shouldn't think about soloing Dominus until end game gearing. He is literally cancer during normal progression. Most of what this build offers will not be viable during normal progression with Dominus. As you said, you are a living nightmare for most mobs aside from big bosses, but Dominus is a challenge during normal progression.

Unless you overgear, and out level the content you are not soloing Dominus without spamming portals. However, YOU DO NOT WANT to overgear during cruel because you will need to update extremely fast.
"
JohmaSho wrote:
Anyone using this deep in invasion? Trying to find a good build to roll with for my Marauder.

Im giving it a try, soloing Invasion all the way (no party at any moment).
Currently level 43 finishing act2, no problems till date (just an ocasional flee from an imba inva boss or two). But there is a long way ahead.

(EDIT: currently level 67, I made some changes for invasion, like using lifeleech and temporal chains for example, and build is working well atm; cant wait to try maps).

PS: very nice guide, btw. All fine but the name. I love heavy metal, but imho naming the build as such sucks badly lol :p
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 14, 2014, 7:25:33 PM
Can someone teach me how grace works with blood magic gem? its not working T_T Sorry new here T_T
"
brian02 wrote:
Can someone teach me how grace works with blood magic gem? its not working T_T Sorry new here T_T

You can't because you dont have life if you do it. Blood magic gem gives you a huge multiplier, so grace+that multiplier means you wont have enough life to use it.

I mean, grace is like 60% reduced mana.
Blood Magic got a 245% multiplier.

So if you combine together you will get: 60%x245%= 147%

As you see, 147% > 100% (your total life), so it consumes more than your life, so you can't use that combination.

IMHO, it doesnt worth to use blood magic linked to auras. Maybe clarity, but never a % based aura if you dont want to die soon or if you dont have a very specific build relying on low life.
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 12, 2014, 8:12:52 PM
Hi guys,

Great guide! I've been following this build and still there's one point that I dont understand: why do we have to have gems with exact level to work with CWDT gem ?

Please help to take a look at my current gear ( Maruader lvl 55), and advise if there's any change that make things get better :D

Spoiler

Thank you for the guide. Very well done.
Last edited by voldead on Apr 16, 2014, 3:24:53 PM
"
lonton wrote:
Hi guys,

Great guide! I've been following this build and still there's one point that I dont understand: why do we have to have gems with exact level to work with CWDT gem ?

Problem with CWDT is that we want it to trigger frequently.
To do that, we dont want to level it too much, because then it only triggers from time to time.

So, if you keep it at low level (like level 4 or level 5), its a decent frequently (tested for some players, each one can choose, maybe his playstyle is ok woth level 4, and other player prefer level 6).

In addition, to work with CWDT, gems linked to it must be on equal or less level req. And I dont mean level of gem, I mean level req. So, for example, if CWDT is level 4, it requieres for you to be level 37. That means that CWDT only works with linked gems that have 37 or less req level. So, you need to keep your other gems too in that way.

So, in that particular case, if you use a CWDT level4 (req 37 IIRC), you need as the topic says max level 7 enduring cry, max level 9 molten shell, and so on, because that way any of these gems surpases level 37 req.

Sorry for my bad English, but I hope that helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info