Color blind mode for gems

I am probably not the only one who has this issue with being color blind(only on green and red for me).
Well it is very hard for me to see which gem fit in which slot.
Its hard to see both the color of the gem and the color of the socket in the item. So would REALLY appreciate it if we could get a color blind mode where it would say on the item the color of the slots and on the gems which color they are.

Thanks a bunch

(only played about 2 hours and I fucking love the game already)
Its always in the last place you look
hey, i'd just like to let you know: this issue you're bringing up is a very central idea to the staff right now. They're actually doing several tests to see if they can find a single presentation of sockets, gems, and their colors to satisfy both the theme of the game and colorblind players.

So you will get what you want.

Head over to the beta feedback forum and drop in your vote on the "sockets" thread. Make sure to read through it so you can see the old art and the new art. Post your comments too, it's far too lacking in feedback from actual color blind players.

Thanks!
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
easiest solution would be different socket forms imo
cool thanks
Its always in the last place you look
Was very glad to find that you were looking at this. So far not finding too many other areas of the game where being partially color blind is too impacting but the whole gem/socket thing is a real pain as I'm having to drag/drop things around everywhere to see what will fit.

Shaped sockets would be great if you can pull it off without too much work.
No offence to GGG but they have no idea what the fuck theyre doing with sockets.

They go from sockets that are moderately difficult to determine for colorblind people but look perfect, then go to sockets that are easily distinguishable but ugly as fuck, and then settle on ones that are nearly impossible to distinguish and still ugly.

I have no idea what the hell is going on, but just make Colorblind Mode a toggle and stop fucking with stuff like kids messing around in flash.

Things don't need to be happy mediums, they need to be FUNCTIONAL.

1. Devs want to help colorblind people
2. Colorblind people and non-colorblidn people give feedback
3. Opposite happens in next patch
Last edited by Xendran on Nov 2, 2012, 8:39:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info