Why the change to sockets for color blind people?

Was wondering why change the brightness and such at all why not the shape instead? Like triangle for green circle for blue and square for red? I would think this would of been a better solution.
Or just put a big letter in the center of/next to the socket
I think a check box in the options menu to allow you to choose between the old sockets and the new would be an excellent idea. I prefer the old over the new myself but can live with either one.
IGN's

Hamadryad - Ranger
Heckler - Marauder
I agree that I liked the old sockets much, much better. I also agree with Xzandernm's thought that a solution may be not to change the color but to create some other form of visual indication for color blind users to rely on.

The thing that blows my mind, and what I was ready to make a thread about when I came here, is that the old sockets already had this! Strength (red) sockets had four little notches on them, dexterity (green) sockets had three notches on them, and intelligence (blue) sockets had something like ten to twelve notches on them. I think GGG should consider tweaking the old sockets to make those features more noticeable as a possible solution.
It kool either way

color blind people will run this country one day
Not on my watch!
The country of POE cannot be run by colorblind people!
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
Xzandernm wrote:
Was wondering why change the brightness and such at all why not the shape instead? Like triangle for green circle for blue and square for red? I would think this would of been a better solution.

Weird, huh? A shape or texture change is what all the colorblind people have been asking for and instead they make the sockets identical and still rely on color.

Of course you gotta wonder about the wisdom of making a game strongly dependent on green/red in the first place. This whole issue could have been avoided with a more thoughtful choice of skill gem/socket colors.
Open beta is still BETA.
Please make this happen.

Just some different shapes for the sockets would already help soo much!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info