Ice Shot

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2020, 6:39:33 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This crashes currently, will be fixed soon.
My bad.
"
I'm guessing "ground ice" is like the ice on the ground that vaal oversoul creates, snaring whatever walks through it
Yes.
"
albeit weaker.
Not weaker as such, but it has a shorter duration. All ground Ice has the same degree of slowing (identical to the chilled effect). Currently it will stack with chilled, but this will not be the case in future, once we implement the system that will let us not do that.
"
TehHammer wrote:
Question for Mark, does the ice patch (initial splash) cause damage (it sure looked like it did while I was using it)? And if so, where does it get the damage from?
The small cone starting from the target hit by the arrow deals the weapon damage, but with 100% physical damage converted to cold.
Looks like the skill description was not written to describe the behaviour very well, I'll fix that up sometime soon.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 13, 2012, 7:13:32 PM
It isn't, but it should be. Fixed for a future patch. The arrow itself deals non-area damage, but the fully converted cone of damage is area damage (now).

Thanks for the catch.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 16, 2012, 11:15:13 PM
It deals all your weapon damage, with the extra modifier that converts all your physical to cold.
"
TehHammer wrote:
Thanks Mark for your answers, you make stat nerds like me very happy. :)
I do my best :)
"
vankeris wrote:
Hm, is the cone aoe damage affected by point blank in any way? Lightning arrow's secondary target's aren't if I remember right so I assume it is the case for this as well?
It is affected (so is lightning arrow - it wasn't for a while, but that was a bug)
"
C4ph wrote:
Does the cone resulting from a hit, damage the target that causes the cone to happen as well?
No. The target hit by the arrow takes damage from the arrow. The cone hits things behind that target.

"
C4ph wrote:
It's pupose is clear: It should slow those enemies coming at you even further. I hope its area of effect will be impacted by increased area passives.
It is.
"
starsg wrote:
Question:
-What about critical chance/strike? What does this two mods have an affect on the ice-cone?

-also i assume the mana leech have no effect on the ice-cone?
"
mikeopt wrote:
Is the cone portion of the skill affected by "increases elemental weapon damage"?
The damage dealt in the arc behind the arrow's target is exactly the same as the arrow's damage, except:
1) It's counted as area damage, and affected by modifiers to such.
2) It converts 100% physical damage to cold, where the arrow only converts some.

In all other respects it's the same. It's ranged elemental weapon damage, affected by all the same things that usually affect that.
Note that since it does no physical damage, leech from gear will have no effect, but the leech supports will.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 28, 2012, 6:58:20 PM
"
Lactose wrote:
Anyone know if you can knockback a target you hit into the aoe cone?
The target hit by the arrow cannot be hit by the AoE damage as well - it is explicitly excluded from the check (otherwise it'd always get double damage, as it's technically in the arc)
"
Odoakar wrote:
Does the passive mana leech work with AoE damage, since it's fully ice damage, and not physical? Does the mana leech from weapons work also?
Any mana leech, such as from passives and gear, that is limited to physical damage only will not work on the AoE damage, which is entirely cold damage.

"
Odoakar wrote:
(maybe it's the AoE in fact that does the inital damage to more than one enemy)?
This. The arrow only hits one target, but the AoE occurs at the exact same time.
It also leaves some ground ice on the ground after the hit, which may be what's confusing you - that doesn't do damage, it just chills things standing in it.
"
Bannoth wrote:
EDIT: Does IS always chill its targets or does it chill on crit only or does it work in a completely different way? What causes the chill effect (arrow itself, cone behind the first target, ground ice)?
Ice shot applies AoE on hit, not on explosion.
Chill is caused by one of two things - being hit by cold damage, or standing in ground ice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info