Do Amulets need to be Rebalanced?

I agree that Onyx amulets are a bit too good compared to the +30 stat amulets. Something as simple as limiting them to +15 max instead of +20 could be all that's needed. They would still provide a large overall stat boost than the +30 amulets, at the cost of being less specialized.

I also feel like the coral amulets need a large boost to life regen. Wearing one feels almost like not wearing an amulet at all. I think the best thing to do would be to give the amulet a percentage boost to life regen instead of a flat amount. Otherwise they are only useful at very low levels since the regen doesn't scale and there are no high level versions of any amulets to provide a higher amount.
Yeah, the idea of specialization making the single stat amulets better is undermined because almost every build will want significant amounts of more than just one attribute for skillgems. And with many great utility gems distributed throughout all the colors, I think every character I make values all three attributes.

So at worst Onyx is 40 atrribute points worth of usefullness (and passive skills), and for me it is almost worth 60 attribute points. That's at least an advantage of 1 passive skillpoint over the pure amulets, and as much as a 3 point difference if you're already covering the easy to reach +30 attribute nodes.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Sep 11, 2012, 1:14:24 PM
"
Thalandor wrote:
What I've learned is that mana and mana regen are such useless stats to boost. If you use proper potion management, you can always have mana available, even when spamming mana consuming attacks.

Not true at all, because map mods with half regen will screw your build over because you won't have enough mana to fight properly unless you have excess mana and regen to begin with.
On the flip side, maps with no natural regen make you entirely reliant on flasks, which means you need to have a nice pool to begin with so you can fight long enough to kill enemies and get a moment to flask up.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info