Item Stat Priority?!?1

Hi,

I am trying to figure out what is the stat priority for my Marauder. This is what I believe they should be but I have a feeling I am very wrong.

(armor) +50 (min value) Max life
(weapon) +100% (min value) physical damage

(armor) +100% (min value) Armor and/or armor/evasion
(weapon) added physical damage
3. +10% (min value)Increased Quantity
4. +10% (min value)Increased Rarity
5. + to saves

You can substitute any armor/weapon damage for what ever your weapon type preference is.

Am I totally off base here?

Should this be broken down to armor type? Meaning each piece should have a set preference?

What do you all do/look for on items?
a Dolphin is just a gay shark....it's true ummhmmm
It's pretty complicated, far too complicated to turn up a cut and dried stat priority. In the most basic sense imaginable, you need two things for defense:

- Enough of a buffer to ride out difficult damage spikes
- Enough regen to out-heal whatever damage you take. from every source. regen, leech, flasks, ... all amplified by reduction and block.

Flat life contributes some to regen and a lot to buffer.
Armour contributes a lot to both buffer and regen.
Regen, pretty obviously, only aids with regen. But that's the more important half which many people seem to neglect.

This game isn't just about "how much damage can I take before dying?" It's far more about "how much damage can I heal through without using up all my flasks?"

I went into quite a bit of detail here, but through some glitch in the forum software half my post got erased. So I'll simplify it to this:

- You need endurance for armour to matter much at all
- Armour doesn't scale well compared to life, unless you can start to approach a total of 70% reduction including endurance
- Reduction changes with the changing situation. Your character screen can show you 90% reduction while you're actually getting 50%.
- Flat regen on a mod will grant more than your percent regen from life, unless you have both very high %incr life and percent regen.
- Total effective regen is far more important for survival than total effective health, after you have a large enough buffer to survive large hits, anyway.
- So, you need enough %incr armour rating to granite beyond around 70% total reduction, even against the worst possible situations you expect to face. Only if you can maintain that should you focus much on armour. Otherwise just take it where you can get it.

Just a bunch of tradeoffs.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Sep 8, 2012, 5:37:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info