Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
szym3n wrote:
What adjustments would you make to a flicker-strike variation of the build? Would I need any extra frenzy charges at all? also I am playing on onslaught and I really wanna try flickerstrike bloodrage with multi / melee splash.

You might want to go with a CI vaalpact build for that. There are some shadow guides for it.

I highly suggest NOT doing that build in maps though.
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
"
Shodokan123 wrote:

Why is that exactly? Is it because of desync?
EHC: Wyvernborn
Last edited by szym3n on Aug 13, 2013, 4:44:20 PM
"
szym3n wrote:
"
Shodokan123 wrote:

With this attack speed you can't control where you go. You will teleport past 20 different rooms in seconds. You very easily could flicker into a very bad situation very easily.
IGN: FVX
Twitch: im2P
"
x2P wrote:
"
szym3n wrote:
"
Shodokan123 wrote:

With this attack speed you can't control where you go. You will teleport past 20 different rooms in seconds. You very easily could flicker into a very bad situation very easily.

So you feel like its unplayable on hc/onslaught? or is there a way to make it work potentially? because I've always wanted to try it and never really got the chance to. Also, i assume leap slam would be the same story then, right?
Btw, what's your dps on flickerstrike with this build anyway?
EHC: Wyvernborn
Last edited by szym3n on Aug 13, 2013, 10:03:09 PM
"
szym3n wrote:
"
x2P wrote:
"
szym3n wrote:

So you feel like its unplayable on hc/onslaught? or is there a way to make it work potentially? because I've always wanted to try it and never really got the chance to. Also, i assume leap slam would be the same story then, right?
Btw, what's your dps on flickerstrike with this build anyway?

30k using Melee Splash. 45K with weapon ele damage (worse for most scenarios).

The only way it is viable for maps is if you are already stomping them. I did the leap slam in some 74/75 maps for shits n giggles and got pretty close to dying a few times around bosses.
Been following along with this build since I started playing my 2 other characters and really like the game play, I decided to make a switch from my Templar & Marauder for the Duelist about 3 days back and just hit 71 and here is my gear. My weapons are the prize of my character at this moment, and i'm working on slowly upgrading my other pieces but unfortunately has been tough to find exactly what i'm looking for. Currently i'm sitting at like 26k dps buffed on cleave at level 71 and have no problems killing anything that steps in front of me. I still feel a little squishy but i'm sure as I start to get some more health nodes it'll be a bit better.

All of my resistances are capped w/ the exception of Chaos which i am like 24% at currently. I've been struggling to decide to switch to Bringer of Rain or not, but I have a decent 6L chest so i am not really in a rush quite yet.

My Gear

Talent Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecDhwUtDq0R1RIgFHUXHRjbGS4aVRutG_odyiFgJd8n7Si1KNsppTIJNug4ljrtQKBDnEd-Sn1T31RJVw1Xl1jbW69ei2BBYEthIWNwZKNlTWeAZ6BwcnKpdO108Xjreu982X11g3yE2YTvh3aQCpVmmSubLZuDns2kGacwqAerxayqtxe53b2BvqfAD8_40iHSTdN-1I_ZYdyC3Q3f7-cK51LvDu9O73rv4_zF_ro=
Last edited by Erelus on Aug 14, 2013, 7:50:16 AM
"
Been following along with this build since I started playing my 2 other characters and really like the game play, I decided to make a switch from my Templar & Marauder for the Duelist about 3 days back and just hit 71 and here is my gear. My weapons are the prize of my character at this moment, and i'm working on slowly upgrading my other pieces but unfortunately has been tough to find exactly what i'm looking for. Currently i'm sitting at like 26k dps buffed on cleave at level 71 and have no problems killing anything that steps in front of me. I still feel a little squishy but i'm sure as I start to get some more health nodes it'll be a bit better.

All of my resistances are capped w/ the exception of Chaos which i am like 24% at currently. I've been struggling to decide to switch to Bringer of Rain or not, but I have a decent 6L chest so i am not really in a rush quite yet.

My Gear

Talent Tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAecDhwUtDq0R1RIgFHUXHRjbGS4aVRutG_odyiFgJd8n7Si1KNsppTIJNug4ljrtQKBDnEd-Sn1T31RJVw1Xl1jbW69ei2BBYEthIWNwZKNlTWeAZ6BwcnKpdO108Xjreu982X11g3yE2YTvh3aQCpVmmSubLZuDns2kGacwqAerxayqtxe53b2BvqfAD8_40iHSTdN-1I_ZYdyC3Q3f7-cK51LvDu9O73rv4_zF_ro=

Honestly after using a 6l chest and BoR I agree that BoR is better. The blind you get as the 6th socket is just too valuable of a defensive stat plus the fact that you get more than double the total life from the item and 15% block. The only downside to BoR is you can't get 20% faster attacks/melee damage but that's honestly alright because of the 20-30 phys damage it gives and the difference in armor/evasion from a good chest/helm is more than BoR gives.

I'd suggest aiming towards physical damage + life + res rings and ditching your armor/helm for BoR.

The only real benefit to having a good 6s armor is the ability to swap to iir/iiq gear (which i do regularly), this build can do 2 min docks runs with iir/iiq gear of 300%+/100+

These are examples of some pieces you might look for;
(though I'm replacing amulet with a phys/all res/all stat/life amulet ASAP.

With zero points into resists from tree I can maintain max res on -res maps with purity on including chaos res max'd outside of -res maps.
IGN: Srslyagain
PM me bins on items I bid on if you have one.
Last edited by Shodokan123 on Aug 14, 2013, 12:54:24 PM
Hey man, I am following your build on Hardcore. I have a question about Ondar's Guile. Would that node help out? Problem is Iron Reflexes is no longer required. What do you think about that? Is evasion better than armor at high levels? I am still new and my level 49 LS Templar got Vaal Smashed LOL. I welcome all input.

Thanks.

-Edit: I guess armour is better than evasion when you have 90% damage reduction.
Last edited by pwrHungry on Aug 14, 2013, 3:35:40 PM
"
pwrHungry wrote:
Hey man, I am following your build on Hardcore. I have a question about Ondar's Guile. Would that node help out? Problem is Iron Reflexes is no longer required. What do you think about that? Is evasion better than armor at high levels? I am still new and my level 49 LS Templar got Vaal Smashed LOL. I welcome all input.

Thanks.

-Edit: I guess armour is better than evasion when you have 90% damage reduction.

If you use BoR, you have no need for evasion. You get 75% chance to dodge from the helmet alone allowing you to stack into armor as much as possible. That way the vast majority of the hits that aren't blocked or dodged are drastically reduced.
"
x2P wrote:
"
pwrHungry wrote:

Thanks.

If you use BoR, you have no need for evasion. You get 75% chance to dodge from the helmet alone allowing you to stack into armor as much as possible. That way the vast majority of the hits that aren't blocked or dodged are drastically reduced.

Final question, the onslaught build variation, the player took Armour + ES nodes. Shouldn't they take the pure armour nodes by the Duelist starting area? I only ask cause the int is going to be low and the gear used will be pure armour or armour + evasion.

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info