So I chanced an Occulist's Vestment

Shavs modifier should be changed to X% of chaos Damage applied to Energy shield with a High value for X (say 90% or something) and have rares have the ability to spawn the mod with lower values for X (max 45 or so).
All these IM haters, I for one love the item because I know how to build around it and make it op as shit, I would take a 5L IM over a no link shavs any day.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
Nithryok wrote:
All these IM haters, I for one love the item because I know how to build around it and make it op as shit, I would take a 5L IM over a no link shavs any day.

20-23 exalts would disagree with you there.
"
Acrosis wrote:
"
Nithryok wrote:

So you can tell me how I feel about items and value them? Whats my fortune for next week? When will FF ARR phase 4 launch?
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"

Lets take Kaom's Heart as an example. I remember Kripp saying 'the drop rate of uniques is skewed; you will find more Araku Tiki's (or a more common unique) than Kaom's Heart'. It seems reasonable, of course. Stronger uniques should be harder to find.

But, he added, If GGG were to introduce another Unique in the Glorious Plate base-item, the chances of you getting a Kaom's Heart from chances - according to him - would be harder.

But as confirmed by GGG in this thread, that would not be the case?

Looks like not. No matter how much this Kripp guy studies the game (and he probably does an awful lot), he's still making educated guesses at best, while Mark (I think) is a staff at the very company that codes the game, so I'll take his confirmation as fact.

I'm guessing they probably have an allocated percentage for each tier of item. Let's take, for example, 80/15/4.9/0.1 (white-magic-rare-unique) as a simple example. Previously, Shavronne's was the result whenever the 0.1/100 chance was RNG'ed. However, perhaps they now changed it to 80/15/4/1, where 1/100 is the chance to roll a unique. However, within that 1% unique tier, Infernal Mantle has 90% of that 1% (i.e. 0.9 original percent) and Shavronne's has 10% of that 1% (i.e. 0.1 original percent). This essentially leaves Shavronne's as having the exact same chance to roll as before. It's just that a percentage of the roll tier once assigned to rares, is now given over to IM due to how the rarity tiers are programmed to roll.

My $0.02.
So when will the infernal mantel be moved to a new base type? I am sitting on a six link white vest that I want to chance. But I do not want to take the chance of getting an infernal mantle and not being able to scour it.
Last edited by robble on Aug 4, 2013, 3:01:53 PM
"
Nithryok wrote:
"
Acrosis wrote:
"
Nithryok wrote:

So you can tell me how I feel about items and value them? Whats my fortune for next week? When will FF ARR phase 4 launch?

But he's right. Would you rather have a $50k car or $100k in cash?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
So when IM moves to another base type will all existing IM change to new base type? Or I'll have to find another one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info