some questions about point blank - maybe ggg staff can answer?

"
The_x_ile wrote:
1. if i hit something with chain/fork, is it considered as if i hit them from distance 0 and gain the point blank 50% bonus?
No, it's based on the distance the projectile has travelled from where you fired it. A projectile which pierces, chains or forks is still considered the same projectile, and it's total travel distance is used.

"
The_x_ile wrote:
2. if i firstly hit someone at close distance, and the hit pierce and hit someone far away, will the second hit be considered also as 50% bonus? or will it be calculated from scratch?
No, see above.

There appear to be a lot of misconceptions in this thread. Point Blank is not a bonus to the projectile as a whole, it's a bonus to dealing projectile damage - if a projectile pierces a close thing and then also hits a second thing, it dealt damage twice. Each of those damages is an entirely separate effect, and neither in any way "relies on" or is "based on" the other. The projectile deals damage to thing 1 at a distance of X, and that damage has an appropriate modifier when it's calculated. It later hits thing 2 at distance Y, and that damage also gets an appropriate modifier. Each is an entirely separate calculation with a different distance input.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 28, 2013, 10:34:09 PM
"
Incompetent wrote:
Am I right in thinking that if the projectile is fired from a totem/trap/mine, that is counted as the source from which distances are measured?
Yes

"
Incompetent wrote:
Also, how close is 'close range' for Chin Sol? Is it measured in exactly the same way as for Point Blank?
"Close range" is <= 20 units (the radius of cleave).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info