Random Thoughts

Well, from reading many different forum threads and watching the timer from time to time. Basically if you didn't post on the 10th you are pretty much not going to get picked because you are considered a random. There has been a large number accounts that were made LONG before the promotion on IGN. So along with how many account were made before then and along with the new account that are made everyday. The hat just keeps filling with more and more randoms. Basically the only timer that matters is the veteran timer because those are the people that get picked that are actually active accounts and log on everyday. I know there is more people out there that log on everyday to check how things are going but if you did not post before the 10th we are stuck waiting 3 months for open beta. Wish everyone that is active and not on the veteran list good luck on getting in though. I am starting to feel the effects of not bothering anymore. Atleast if the forums had information pertaining to beta and constructive conversations that give information on the current gameplay then I would actually be able keep going and wait but since there isn't any I am just not feeling it anymore. Atleast now that I truly know my odds.
I agree with you that there is not much interesting information going on the forum (except developer corner and suggestion), moreover in this section it's 80% whine for random picked and 20% suggestion to change said timer.
Personally i check daily for developer posts or threads that catch my attention in general while look casually to the beta timer and checking my mail as usually do. If i get selected all good, if not no big deal i'll wait for open beta and see what has come out. This while here and there look at some youtube videos of PoE.
Not much contribution i can give w/o actually test it, i prefer not to give "advices" or "suggestions" based on what seen on a youtube video.
Let's say i'm more lurking the forum and waiting for an eventual invite more than "can't wait to get in omg omg".
Notice i'm not veteran aswell since i got to know about PoE rather after 10 of august.
Last edited by Lynfiord on Aug 24, 2011, 4:15:23 AM
The intelligent conversation and information for the most part is going to be in the beta member exclusive forums that the general non-beta populace doesn't have access to. Every now and then a decent constructive thread bleeds out into the non-beta forums, but it generally degenerates into a whine/spam/troll-fest by the rabid dogs waiting to get in.
In this scarred, war-torn land - i walk the only clear path ... the Path of Exile.
I agree. At first the timer seemed a good idea, but ive since realised that the longer you dont get an invite, the less likely you are of having a chance because of the constant increase in registrations on the site.

Also, through watching videos and reading the forum, I've heard or seen very little about party play. I play other games with a number of other people waiting for a beta invite for PoE and we would certainly play as a party in the game.

There are certain aspects of testing that having a random beta inviter isn't really suited for.
Couldn't be more right with the private beta forum. That is where people would see a majority of what this is really like. Videos and rarely but sometimes screenshots can give you a feel of how things work in the game but almost never will you see what improvements are being made and what needs fixing to make this game succeed. Cause I have to admit, when I see free to play games now and days. I see companies out for bundles of money and don't care about their communities. So far with this random invite stuff I am feeling the not caring part. I never expected to get chosen for beta and I would still feel it judging on who actually gets invites randomly. Now I hope to see if GGG is a greedy company or not. Because S2=Heroes of Newerth and to get all the content in that game, its 300-500$. Microsoft Studios=Age of Empires Online=100$ for all the current content and content for 6 months. I mean to get full games now and days that are so called F2P you end up paying so much money that you could get 5-6 new retail games for. Really hope that is not the case here with GGG.
Last edited by Observe on Aug 24, 2011, 6:01:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info