Upcoming global chat system changes

"
ongZ wrote:

If I want to meet new people from other countries, I wouldn't use PoE for the purpose.

Doesn't mean it should be changed in ways that suit your needs but not others. Other players actually wants to communicate with players from different countries. So it doesn't matter if you wouldn't do so as an individual.
"
Hornet85 wrote:
"
ongZ wrote:

If I want to meet new people from other countries, I wouldn't use PoE for the purpose.

Doesn't mean it should be changed in ways that suit your needs but not others. Some other players actually wants to communicate with players from different countries. So it doesn't matter if you wouldn't do so as an individual.

Fixed.

Some actually like to have the possibility to speak their native language - and trust me, I am not alone on that one. Would you please care to explain, why people are creating "Swedish corner, german corner, italian corner" etc?
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
ongZ wrote:

Fixed.

Some actually like to have the possibility to speak their native language - and trust me, I am not alone on that one. Would you please care to explain, why people are creating "Swedish corner, german corner, italian corner" etc?

Those are forum threads which has nothing to do with ingame chat.

If GGG allows you to create your own private channel that's fine, you can create one and invite others.

But players should not be divided by geographical location in the default chat channels.
Last edited by Hornet85 on Jul 16, 2013, 9:06:40 PM
"
Hornet85 wrote:
"
ongZ wrote:

Fixed.

Those are forum threads which has nothing to do with ingame chat.

If GGG allows you to create your own private channel that's fine, you can create one and invite others.

But players should not be divided by geographical location in the default chat channels.

Yes they should - or at least have the chance to go to a national-channel.
Holy moly. Didn't think this would ever happen after suggesting something similar to this back in February. :D

Great job as always, GGG. Hopefully I'll soon have some time to play again. Sigh. In the meantime, watching people stream it while working. ^^
This is really nice, pretty usefull for traders/buyers. But I was wondering if you did change something to your servers? As the desync became absolutely horrible this last couple of days.

Tbh, I'd rather see you fixing that in priority instead adding a new patch every two days.

For exemple I know that, that integrated twitch stuff to the forum is a very good way to get more players, but instead of spending hundred hours coding that stuff to add it to the forum to get more players, you should better focus on keeping the actual players that actually enjoy the game (well, without all the desync) by optimising your servers, which isn't actually the case.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
awesome! this was something I had given feedback about :)
i <3 minesweeper
"
rokaru wrote:
"
ongZ wrote:
Finally. Seems great! Is it possible to create some language-specific channels? I don't see anything wrong in calling Number 100 for Denmark and 101 for USA. :-)

Why would you make chats per Nation?
Yes, how funny to be alone in Chat Singapore or Chat South Africa!!

Also, people should not just talk with people from their own country.

he said make language specific channels, ie if you speak dutch and you want to go to a channel where the chat is in dutch its there for you. I dont see where he said in that quote that you would be forced into a chat and locked there, they already said in the first post you can hop between the channels, so youll never be stuck in any empty chat if you dont want to be.
Yes. Ty.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
rokaru wrote:
"
ongZ wrote:
Finally. Seems great! Is it possible to create some language-specific channels? I don't see anything wrong in calling Number 100 for Denmark and 101 for USA. :-)

Why would you make chats per Nation?
Yes, how funny to be alone in Chat Singapore or Chat South Africa!!

Also, people should not just talk with people from their own country.

he said make language specific channels, ie if you speak dutch and you want to go to a channel where the chat is in dutch its there for you. I dont see where he said in that quote that you would be forced into a chat and locked there, they already said in the first post you can hop between the channels, so youll never be stuck in any empty chat if you dont want to be.

Exactly, thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info