Consolidating Map Information (WIP)

Hey guys, I decided to start making a list of info about Maps and their various tilesets to be used as a resource for new and old Map users. This is going to be a pretty lengthy work, and any contributions (and corrections) would be extremely welcome. If you do have a correction, please try and provide a screenshot for authenticity of information, thanks! -Shaeltal

Level 60
--------
Spoiler
Grotto
:Tileset - Waterfall Caves
:Boss - Fire and Fury;Allies deal additional fire damage. (Ambrosia, Merveil's Daughter)
:Note - Inherently small, circular map by default.

Dunes
:Tileset - Terraces
:Boss - The Blacksmith (Hillock)

Dungeon
:Tileset - Prison
:Boss - Penitentiary Incarcerator (Brutus)

Overgrown Ruin
:Tileset - Chamber of Sins
:Boss - Loathe (Fidelitas, the Mourning)
:Notes - The boss room is very small and has a small amount of mobs, with the possibility of magic and/or rare mob(s) spawning as well. Loathe uses Lightning Strike which can be hard to avoid in the small hallway/circular room. If you must kite, you can run behind the circle of pillars and attack in hit-and-run fashion while staying relatively safe.

Dry Peninsula
:Tileset - The Forest
:Boss - Titan of the Groves;Additional Life, Allies Cannot Die (Rock Golem)

Crypt
:Tileset - Church Dungon
:Boss - Pagan Bishop of Agony;Immune to Curses, Casts Temporal Chains/Vulnerability

Dried Lake
:Tileset - Fetid Pool (without environment effects)
:Boss - Draught-Crazed Rhoa;Enemies lose health over time;Charges (Oozeback)
:Notes - Chaos damage/sec mod combined with the boss' health degeneration can be very dangerous for characters with low health/empty flasks/lack of life leech.

Level 61
--------
Spoiler
Underground River
:Tileset - Cavern of Anger
:Boss - Beast of the Pits;Additional Life, Resists Fire. (Bear)

Cemetery
:Tileset - Fellshrine
:Boss - Thunderskull (Spark Skeleton)

Tropical Island
:Tileset - The Forest
:Boss - Blood Progenitor;Summons Apes from Nearby Trees, Frenzies nearby Allies, Allies Deal Extra Physical Damage. (Ape Chieftain)

Thicket
:Tileset - Dread Thicket
:Boss - ? (Ironcast).
:Notes - This map is inherently maze-like due to the numerous entrances to different parts of the map.

Crematorium
:Tileset - Prison
:Boss - Megaera (Fire Fury)
:Notes - Boss casts Firestorm.

Mountain Ledge
:Tileset - The Ledge
:Boss - ? (Chatters)

Level 62
--------
Spoiler
Vaal Pyramid
Mud Geyser
:Tileset - ?
:Boss - ? (Undead Rhoa)

Sewer
:Tileset - Sewer
:Boss - Bercer, the Pirate Lord;Gains Power/Frenzy Charges on hit;?;? (Fairgraves)

Reef
:Boss - Asphyxia (Boiling Ambusher)

Vaal Pyramid
:Boss - ?;Allies Deal Extra Physical Damage (Vaal Fallen)

Spider Lair
:Boss - Hybrid Widow(?);Uses Flicker Strike/Viper Strike. (The Weaver)

Level 63
--------
Spoiler
Spider Forest
:Tileset - Dark Forest
:Boss - Blacksmith;Fire Reistance (Hillock)

Catacombs
:Boss - ? (Necromancer)
:Notes - The boss can raise Magic tier monsters.

Shore

Tunnel
:Tileset - Cavern of Anger
:Boss - Shock and Horror;Allies Deal Additional Damage (Mob type ?)

Overgrown Shrine

Level 64
--------
Spoiler
Graveyard
:Tileset - Fellshrine Ruins
:Boss - Merveil, the Reflection (Humanoid Merveil) -> Merveil, the Returned (Siren's Daughter)

Underground Sea
:Boss - ? (Kuduku, the False God)

Tomb
:Tileset - Church Dungeon
:Boss - <name>; ? ; ? (The Burning Menace)
:Notes - Leaves a significantly larger patch of fire on death than normal Hellions, roughly 3-4 times larger.

Coves

Level 65
--------
Spoiler
Arachnid Nest
Subterranean Stream

Dry Woods
:Tileset - Forest
:Boss #1 - Spirit of Nadia;Enemies are Slowed. (Juvenile Monkey)
:Boss #2 - Spirit of Aidan;Allies Move and Attack Faster (Juvenile Monkey)

Level 66
--------
Spoiler
Marsh
:Tileset - Fetid Pools
:Boss - Spinner of False Hope (Weaver)

Jungle Valley
Last edited by Shaeltal on Aug 12, 2012, 2:39:04 AM
good idea to collect that informations! can be added to the wiki later when its going to be near complete. Also would be nice if people share pictures of the mapstones, layouts and bosses.

Have only done overgrown ruin for now (and not managed to proceed behind the entrance of the boss chamber... Interesting to know I found, that one arbitrary stairs of the 9? in the three stages lead to the boss, could also be the very first you try? Or is it, that always the 'last' will do? (thats where I ended)
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Aug 21, 2012, 7:31:28 AM
Nice idea, I wanted to do one too but didnt have enough initial data. I want to contribute here but i have some suggestion. Link the map as well like Facelicker did with the unique thread. When ppl link their map, simply click quote on their post and you can copy and paste their item id into yours.

For example here are some of my maps

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

I will post back whenever I enter one of those new map for information on tileset/boss etc.

And about tileset, best to use the name from the /debug screen rather than the zone that's similar to it.

There's also a lack of data for map prefix and suffix. Having ppl linking a bunch of blue and rare maps helps too.
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
Last edited by Progammer on Aug 11, 2012, 12:30:32 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
here are the ones I actual own:

Unavailable
Unavailable

I think its more useful and easier to associate with a given area name than a tileset. Hopefully, the specific mods on maps will be documented like the other item affix data here at the pages in some time, I dont expect that we have to collect them by ourselves.
--
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Aug 11, 2012, 12:55:36 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The "Is a maze" mod does nothing for the Grotto map, it stays the same mainly circular map:
"
ethone wrote:
The "Is a maze" mod does nothing for the Grotto map, it stays the same mainly circular map

This is exactly the kind of information I'd like to compile for the Maps =) Thanks!

-Shaeltal
Last edited by Shaeltal on Aug 11, 2012, 1:29:50 PM
"
Progammer wrote:
Link the map as well like Facelicker did with the unique thread. When ppl link their map, simply click quote on their post and you can copy and paste their item id into yours.

And about tileset, best to use the name from the /debug screen rather than the zone that's similar to it.

There's also a lack of data for map prefix and suffix. Having ppl linking a bunch of blue and rare maps helps too.

Hm...I understand what you're saying, but I don't quite see the purpose in providing links to the actual Map, unless we're also trying to figure out if there's a secret pattern for opening the Secret Fishing Level? Providing the link to the item makes the list look quite cluttered. I'd like to keep it as neat/clean as possible, cutting out any extraneous doodads. Would you (or anyone else) happen to know if the little icon on the Maps stays the same for all Maps? For example, do all Tropical Island Maps use the same runic marking?

As for Tileset information, I actually put that there instead of /debug because I figured people would only want to know what the general area looks like. True, using /debug would give more specific names, but is there a reason to use forest2 instead of Dark Forest? People will know what Dark Forest is. forest2? Not so much.

Lastly, what kind of information do you think should be put in? As far as I'm aware, all mods are possible on all Maps, so providing data for *every* possible combination would be a pretty herculean task. Unless I completely misunderstood you and are looking instead for just a list of the possible mods, then in which case I totally agree and I'll add it at the top, and, if possible, their respective +quantity bonuses.

Great, thoughtful suggestions though, I like it!

-Shaeltal
The Dried Lake tileset is Fetid Pool without the environmental filters.
"
ethone wrote:
The "Is a maze" mod does nothing for the Grotto map, it stays the same mainly circular map:]

Please post this as a bug in the bug forum. In a similar case, the devs changed the map to make them more mazelike with the maze modifier.
"
Shaeltal wrote:
Providing the link to the item makes the list look quite cluttered. I'd like to keep it as neat/clean as possible, cutting out any extraneous doodads. Would you (or anyone else) happen to know if the little icon on the Maps stays the same for all Maps? For example, do all Tropical Island Maps use the same runic marking?

I'd suggested it mainly to have the data concentrated in one place for the implementing into the wiki. I expect that the runes on the stones have a meaning, making them unique for each map... as long as there's no information about the maps given by the dev's, we are the only ones who can disprove it - by sharing and comparing the informations itself.

"
I figured people would only want to know what the general area looks like.

that's my point of view, too.

"
Unless I completely misunderstood you and are looking instead for just a list of the possible mods, then in which case I totally agree and I'll add it at the top, and, if possible, their respective +quantity bonuses.

thats what I had in mind, to collect the possible mods. If its the case that mods are specific to some maps (or excluded from others) that could noted separately.
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info