Petrov's Elemental Bow Ranger Build(s) (0.10)

Thanks for the build. I'm going to try some of this out.
"
Shyrk wrote:
I wanted to ask if you know whether Elemental Hit is increased by Weapon Elemental Damage since its damage does not show in any ingame statistic but I do feel it does.

So I now use this gems because I think the damage is superior to the one of lightning strike.

Unavailable

I think it does, yes - but I'm not 100% sure. The lack of proper DPS label on Elemental Hit is a bit frustrating.

Re Lightning Arrow (did you mean Lightning Arrow or Lightning Strike?), it has the benefit of some AoE impact through the shock function. So I tend to use LA for most mobs, and Elemental Hit on bosses.

Petrov.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I've been making progress with this build, and I'm trying to figure out which way I should go at this point. I'm lvl 53, and I have 14 passive points to spend.

This is my current build:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQIB4CAnKQbARM8UgyuTXsSEcRJoD8cI23LXaiLrvEm2H23vHhJf3oEUBYlpfpb9aAlthf0v_JSDO56VwD5R3qCvTQNDi6WjoM6NMS0iNJ0wITpBLfD0rrrb4ZKyYrb0CpgUBB95HkaqDY609lXhJ3mkDQr8Kq-E1xwS3SNReBhg2UmcvMMXI-9IrETGMulxhCkcSFn884yfC2qkmE3iOqvyJ_JDP36aOuLNF4eVhyyS8_4=

I'm wondering if I should go straight to Catalyze, or if I should start picking up the life nodes now. I'm not sure how much of a DPS boost I'll get from Catalyze, so I'm not sure if it's worth going there yet. My survivability could use a boost as well, even though I haven't had a lot of trouble aside from getting one-shotted by the Oversoul a few times. Just not really sure how best to improve my char at this point, and looking for any advice from anyone that's gone this route already.

Here's my equipment:
Spoiler

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Basic DPS: 661
LA DPS: 1586
HP: 673
Mana: 313
Armor: 3429
Dmg Reduction: 51%
Well +%Life-Nodes only work if you have high basic-hp. I guess getting some gear with +HP will make a bigger difference, than some 8%-HP-Nodes. And actually there are some near catalyze too (even better, there is a +30 HP-Node).

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUAHRGvtLRmrg2H457Wl9THBqoWdgbkr9wOAJbF5xqR8tqAyTPVqgU6VgqoMR2Thx9-80d3GKtlVdI=

I would suggest this route to take Catalyze, since I opens the way up to 10% more Elemental Damage and I don't think 8% Armor is worth it (well and 6% ES definitly not)

I might use a similar build as duellist (you just switch the second ranger-branch with the duellist-starting nodes). But you could also use a similar build as Bow-Rauder. Elemental Damage-Builds are pretty strong with a bow, since they aren't that tough, but tough enough for a ranged char.

Only Chaos-Damage could be problematic, due to having not as much HP. Getting one-shotted by the Oversoul is normal, the mighty swing of his... arm I guess, is fire-damage and the beam is lightning-damage, so Armor will not help. With 91% Lightning-Resistance (I'm not sure if you could get more) you could even tank the beam, but it is not advised. Just try not to get hit, Phase Run might help if you feel you are too slow.
Hello Petrov! Mayhem here ^^

I promised you that i'll be showing you the build i'm using and the adjustments i made based off of your original build.

I didn't go for blood-magic because I wanted to save some nodes - I noticed that with berserk - unwavering and blood-magic, i could save up 13 nodes. I spent those on other's and I ended up getting more dps, survivability and accuracy (which i love for diamond flask usage)

I took:

Some armor / evasion nodes and a 30 dex
20 dex / 10% accuracy node
Some extra hp nodes
Lots of attack speed nodes! ^_^

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQIA4CAnKQbARM8UgyuTXsSEcRJoD8fEQxDJCNty12oi67xJth9t7x4SX2Dw1q3t9nkWO5DIZKSYTeKMnwtqOqvyJ_JDP36aOuLNI-9IrP1oCW2F_S_8lIM7npXAPlHeoK9NRMYy6XGEKRxIWfzziWl-lgNDi6WjoM6NMS0iNJ0wITpBLfD0rrrb4bK8Ovxhmt9KXFkWGJKyYrb0CpgUBB95Ht28HlKJFMVqZGXrG3uK1g1Gqg2OtPZV4Qr8Kq9Qw9nhjQ8pV30L3jPRe_johNccEoNe7wfdI1F4GGDZSZy8wxcXh5WH5wnqKsiZvQJbqUGxKurzj6HmhDVbPAaM3UeLzQeMEyzkr9wO-F-yM3zAId7rYAuNk4cffvNHdxirZVXSCqgxHaoFOlaAyTPVcrKlbg==

I couldn't help but to show you my newest addition of beauties! You do realise this needs an amazing quiver i hope! ''Wink - Wink''! ;)

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable

Hey mate!

Nice additions, very jealous of pre patch bow (5L!) and old WoD boots.

On the build, think about getting Finnesse - near the Ranger starting spot, instead of one of the other Dex nodes you have. Finnesse gives you + 30 dex AND + 4% IAS.

Also, I'm not convinced your DPS is better of by getting, say Precision (up near catalyse) versus getting the plain old 20% accuracy node available to you SW of the ranger starting zone and just before you head north west to the central area of the skill tree. I think 10% accuracy > 20 Dex.

Finally, you gotta get that last 10% WED in the central area, that shit is priceless!

Really, finally - I'm curious how you go for mana with this setup and without blood magic - can you still run many auras? I'm surprised you didnt take the Mana Flows and 2x 8% mana boosts just east of Leather and steel...

Petrov.
Heya mate!

It seems i forgot to add those on the passive skill tree, I had both Finesse and the elemental damage, gotta admit though, for a moment i was quite excited for some major nodes i missed :P

The reason why i prefer raw dexterity mods over accuracy is that I love the extra evasion it gives me. with grace active and a few high pieces of evasion equipment each nod gives so much extra defenses! :D

About the mana, i'm not entirely sure how i'm gonna manage it, i've been reconsidering to get my bow linked up to 6 (yes.. I'm going all-in on this one!) and use bloodmagic + a life leech and quality gem. that means i got my entire mana pool for aura's and such.

All-in-all it'll require some testing, and hopefully a lucky 6l roll to see how it goes ^_^

Cheers!
Greetings!

May I ask you to link a current build to your ele ranger? The link on the OP doesn't seem to be working.

I'd be grateful for this!
Petrov has been working on other characters since patch im sure he'll post his build as soon as he gets back to his ranger.
Build updated in OP. Any comments, questions, insults or love are all greatly (but not equally) appreciated.

Petrov.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info