[1.2.0] Ice Pierce Crit Ranger

"
HannibalK1ng wrote:
So any idea of best single target?

and which curse do you use?

Poachers mark?

I think it comes down to personal preference. I would either use Frenzy, Burning Arrow, or Puncture. Frenzy if you have low attack speed bow and can micromanage your charges. Burning Arrow if you want pure steady damage with an ignite chance. Puncture if you dodge around bosses alot as it increases the bleeding damage. I initially used Puncture but switched to Burning Arrow and the flat dps was insanely better. Linked both with WED + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Faster Attack.

Assassin's Mark is my goto curse for the increase crit chance, power charge on kill, and life+mana on kill. Helps a lot when you attack 4 times a second.

"
reprisals wrote:
"
xewp wrote:
is herald of ash or ice better for iceshot?

Ash gives more DPS but Ice does help you freeze a bit more which is nice. It should be possible to run them all. It should be possible to run both with hatred too, but my links arent quite right for it yet.

What do people think about merciless bandit reward? I dont really have the crit or links to sustain power charges well yet, but it seems like possibly the best long term. Frenzy charge or defaulting to skill point both appealing as well right now. Probably isn't really a wrong answer but I'm still torn on it.

I'm currently running Hatred, Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice, but I needed to get the aura cluster just north of the ranger starting area to have enough mana for several IS.

I went for the skill point since I don't see myself micromanaging the charges to a great extend. Might switch to a power charge once I 5L my single target with power charge on crit. Skill point is just the safe route until I test things out or someone else does it for me.

P.S. I like your name :P

------------------------

What is everyone linking their IS to? I'm currently using IS - LMP - Faster Attack - Pierce. Planning on adding Weapon Elemental Damage and/or Physical Projectile Attack Damage. I haven't found a case thus far where I needed to us LoH or LL so I just skipped it for now.
Let me bend your ear for a moment
Last edited by DeadlyParadox on Aug 29, 2014, 1:34:37 PM
"
Reprisal35 wrote:

"
reprisals wrote:

What do people think about merciless bandit reward? I dont really have the crit or links to sustain power charges well yet, but it seems like possibly the best long term. Frenzy charge or defaulting to skill point both appealing as well right now. Probably isn't really a wrong answer but I'm still torn on it.

I'm currently running Hatred, Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice, but I needed to get the aura cluster just north of the ranger starting area to have enough mana for several IS.

I went for the skill point since I don't see myself micromanaging the charges to a great extend. Might switch to a power charge once I 5L my single target with power charge on crit. Skill point is just the safe route until I test things out or someone else does it for me.

P.S. I like your name :P

------------------------

What is everyone linking their IS to? I'm currently using IS - LMP - Faster Attack - Pierce. Planning on adding Weapon Elemental Damage and/or Physical Projectile Attack Damage. I haven't found a case thus far where I needed to us LoH or LL so I just skipped it for now.

lol, thanks. Ended up going for the skill point as well. May change to power charge if I get far enough.

I'm using IS - LMP - Pierce - Weapon Ele - Mana Leech. LoH certainly isnt bad to have but Weapon Ele is awesome.
Would it be best for survivability to go Acrobatics, just stay armor/evasion, or get Iron Reflexes?
I like Acrobatics personally, but I am very biased.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Thanks for the build (and the regular updates). I play it now, at this moment at lvl60 and it's thoroughly enjoyable.

For the mana demand I found that with 5% leech and a high pdmg bow it is sustainable. I have a 176-387 pdmg Decimation Bow now and with Drillneck it provides enough damage for the leech. (No other uniques.)

I use the Herald of Ash / Herald of Ice / Hatred trio now that the level of Reduced Mana allows it and this makes the mob cleaning very fast. Those who don't die from the IS got the overkill burning damage from the deceased. Most of the crit nodes are ahead of me yet (about 220%), so I assume it will be even faster later.
Last edited by lepre84 on Nov 25, 2014, 7:05:33 AM
just wondering if its possible for you to update this guide to the current 1.3 patch, if its needs to be tweaked of course. don't want to come across as pushy.

ps thanks for the amazing guide man :D
Holy shit guys, Lioneye's Vision Crusader Plate.

I'm still stuck without a gaming PC at the moment, but I will link the top post to any 1.4 posted builds from anyone who posts them. Cheers.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info