Back to back desync deaths...

How the hell can I prevent this other then avoiding quicksilver flasks?

Both times it has been because I quicksilvered into a huge pack of monsters, When I see them I drop my totem and run back, I then rubberband back to my damn totem and die.

Both characters were dual fire totem/fire trap build. The build is good when I have a chance to react.. I can't react when I am rubber banding like this though.

Actually I died on a RoA ranger the same way... Quicksilver up and then move away and rubber band.

The problem seems to be the camera view, I can't see anything ahead of me until it is in my face... What the hell.

I can't stand the movement speed without using quicksilvers so avoiding them is not a fix for me.

Don't run into and out of packs of enemies. They will bodyblock you, and if the client and server disagree on where your character is (client sees you get away, server sees you get bodyblocked), you're screwed.

I first suggest playing a bit slower and not getting surrounded in the first place. After you've been surrounded, I suggest leapslamming, whirlingblades-ing, or lightning warping out of big piles. Each of these skills can also desync in nasty ways (you try to leap slam into a wall on the server and do nothing, but you see yourself leapslam to "safety" on the client), but they're still better than trying to run out.

The rubber band is when the client and server get synced back up again. If you didn't rubberband, you'd see yourself taking damage with nothing around you.
Ok so basically the monsters are circling me faster then I can see clientside but on the server i am running into them. I'll try out whirling blades to avoid this problem from happening. Thanks!

Edit: Nope that didn't help and just died once again to rubberband. I was walking along and a big pack comes from the left then the right, before I know it there are 30 monsters on screen. I leap slammed away and rubber banded straight back into the middle of them.

I'm not trying to gather mobs they are just coming out of nowhere.
Last edited by heyyous on Jun 29, 2013, 8:13:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info