Races: Unrealistic for Average gamers?

This was my first time racing, and it was really fun. I got 3 points then 5 points for the 1st then 2nd event. I really want those Windscream 360 point boots, and I was really optimistic, but after participating in the races and looking over the schedule, it seems like I'm not going to be able to reach anywhere near my goal. I'm probably more than likely going to average 3-4 points per event, so that would mean I would need to participate in 90-120 events depending on how I do. Out of the 168 events, I'm probably only going to be able to participate in half of them, and even then that's pushing it. The events are pretty mentally taxing and tiring for myself, in addition to being time consuming taking up 3-5 hours of each day. It just seems like the races are very average-player unfriendly, does anyone feel the same?
-
Last edited by warbalin on Sep 17, 2020, 11:03:14 AM
I feel the exact same way you do. People like Krip with enough time to play this game each and every day will do well on this game, but the average player won't.

Off topic: does anybody know if you are able to specify which league you want each prize to go to?
IGN: Grevania
They go to hardcore... if you want a certain item for standard take it out of stash head to terraces and die so said item is now in standard league.
"
mteriba wrote:
I feel the exact same way you do. People like Krip with enough time to play this game each and every day will do well on this game, but the average player won't.

Off topic: does anybody know if you are able to specify which league you want each prize to go to?

They always go to hardcore, and if you want them to go to softcore, just put them on a hardcore character and have that character die. It is intentional that race prizes cannot go to anarchy or onslaught league since they are challenge leagues.
The moment I learned of the nature of races I pretty much decided not to ever bother playing in them, because they would require far too much time from an average schedule like mine to be successful at. Just stick to playing whichever league floats your boat and work up towards your items there. All you're really losing outnon is the unique artwork, which really means nothing.
Used to be more races to accommodate people with different time zones, but some selfish a-hole had to complain about it and now GGG had reduced the race density. Some days are depressingly empty and I couldn't play any.

Back in season 2, I could play at least 2 race a day.
Race because it is fun, whatever happened to that? I am just an average player, with only a little time to give to the game, but I enjoy races. I don't dream of getting the highest levels of prizes because I know that I'm not putting near as much effort and time into that others are. What's so wrong about that? Why must we have events which are so watered down that mediocrity can attain honour? Why can't we just play for the best we can do ourselves? Sheesh.
The only item worth it, imo, is the Alternate Art Eye of Chayula, and that's what I'm aiming for this Season.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
I think with the races you should have to play each Class before you can play the same one twice. I reckon that would be really cool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info