All time low... bots, bots everywhere

Bots in public groups, at least 3 or 4 groups of them. here is one example

Act 2, normal, anarchy

they all had names like ssldkjfsljsdoinsd... or woiuoweiruws, or my favorite oxbboosibo

Now, since it was a public group I did a little investigating...

notice they are all in separate instances

they were just running into old fields (all duelists using cleave, all in the same gear) following the same rigid pattern of movement. no turning, no backtracking, no stopping, no holding down the mouse to move (only single-click move):

walk
targeting nearest mob
attack him
walk
target nearest mob
attack him

funny story, when i when into one of the instances, i witnessed the bot encounter an exile, get hit to 10% life in 1 hit then chase after and continue attacking the exile (while the exile was attacking me).

needless to say the bot died a horrible death and then made a new instance and just kept on chugging along. a few min later he encountered a rare mob in a pack of monkeys, died instantly, res up and run back in.

They seem to just be brute forcing the game

I'm not going to demand GGG do anything, just thought i'd raise awareness that this is happening.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Guess it was only a matter of time before this happened.
Thanks for the heads up. We ban these guys a lot. Can be a game of wack-a-mole at times, but we're getting better at it.

Cheers mate!
I'm loving how bot/RMT free standard has been since anarchy started.
Thanks guys.
I've been running a lot of chars to the start of act 2 normal, delete and remake, repeat. Trying to get these passives allocated. Probably wont take as long as either the 6 60s or the exiles did, but is a large time sink none the less. I've been noticing towns completely filled with random letter named players, I wasn't sure if it was others doing the same thing and just didn't want to name there char, or as this suggests, bots. Could explain the prices I've seen in anarchy.
/shrug

tbh the botters do allow many folk to RMT to progress ingame
Predictable, given netcode vulnerabilities. Chris says they'll fix it soon though.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 28, 2013, 1:29:34 AM
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. We ban these guys a lot. Can be a game of wack-a-mole at times, but we're getting better at it.

Do you say that because they undermine the economy?
Why would bots make a public party? So you can investigate? Clever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info