A 'bit' lost with the Events Seasons...

So, uhm, first of all, I call for a little mercy on my soul because English is not my primary language :_)

Having said that, I've got a few questions about races and seasons of events. To put it bluntly, up until now I've NEVER had the chance to play ANY races from BOTH seasons (stuck with college, studies and all that; they can and will do that to you :___ ), so I'm rather lost in terms of prizes, season points won per race and all that.

Specific questions? Okay, here they go:

1) First of all, how do event points get allocated? I just have to create a char for the race I want to be in, run it until time is over (at which points I supose the game disconnects me or something simillar), and then I should win points regarding my "achievments" on that race? (Do not confuse with Anarchy and Onslaught achievs, I know those are entirely different things)

2) Supose that at the end of the Season, I've collected a total of 230 points. How do I know which item will be rewarded to me at that time? Or would I win all the items I've reached theire respective 'breaking points' (Ring at 7, Boots at 14, Boots at 26, etc, up to the 2H Axe at 220)?

I know, creating an entire post just to be answered 2 silly questions... but please have mercy on me, I'm kinda stuck on that knowledge tree and do not know how to keep going :_)

Cheers to you all, as well as being grateful in advance for any helpful advice and/or replys :)
"
SigmaBlack wrote:

1) First of all, how do event points get allocated? I just have to create a char for the race I want to be in, run it until time is over (at which points I supose the game disconnects me or something simillar), and then I should win points regarding my "achievments" on that race? (Do not confuse with Anarchy and Onslaught achievs, I know those are entirely different things)

2) Supose that at the end of the Season, I've collected a total of 230 points. How do I know which item will be rewarded to me at that time? Or would I win all the items I've reached theire respective 'breaking points' (Ring at 7, Boots at 14, Boots at 26, etc, up to the 2H Axe at 220)?

I know, creating an entire post just to be answered 2 silly questions... but please have mercy on me, I'm kinda stuck on that knowledge tree and do not know how to keep going :_)

Cheers to you all, as well as being grateful in advance for any helpful advice and/or replys :)

1. pretty much yeah. Points are awarded for different reasons like... First hillock kill, first to do medicine chest quest, highest level overall, rank 1 in your class, rank 2 in class etc all the way to rank 20 in class, then just certain level brackets. Like reaching level 15 in a 1 hour might give 3 points, level 18 will give 5 points

2. Right when you reach the amount of points needed for an item you are instantly given it in a remove-only stash tab. You win all the prizes up to the points you earn. So in first race if you got 15 points you could get both the ring and boots right after it ends... and possibly some raffle prize things for your points you earned.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Oh! Now I see... Your answer about my 2nd point cleared the question all to well to be true, so I have to say a very loud and grateful 'Thank you' to you :)

About your answer for point 1, it got me another question:

Supose then that I enter a 3 hour event when an hour has passed already, leaving 2 hours to that race. Being that everyone who started right from the start will be clearly and obviously ahead of me in any kind of challenge presented by the game, would it be possible to win any points from that race?

I know that the examples you gave weren't all that there are to be considered to be awarded points, but they DO sum up some pretty specific new&early-game challenges, and I can't make myself see other significant ones that could award points.

So, repeating myself to be clear: would it be possible to earn any points if you start from behind all other people? Applying this to any race, of course.

Thanks again for your reply, it did enlighten me quite a bit :)
You will get points for reaching certain levels but to reach points for Top20 of class is really unlikely unless it's some kind of Turbo Lethal or 8h Turbo mode.
A lot of non racers only after reward points eventually whined enough so that GGG made the lower level point brackets easier to attain. So.. yes in a 3 hour race starting 1 hour late you could still reach those point brackets relatively easy. I think..... I could reach the lowest point level bracket of a 3 hour solo in only one hour.
"
I could reach the lowest point level bracket of a 3 hour solo in only one hour.

You must be a terrible player then.

In the last 3h Party event of season2 I joined 15 min before the race ended and got the 1 point bracket after 10min.

Depending on player:
level 7 is a 10-20min job
level 13 is a 40-60min job
level 19 is a 60-90min job
level 24 is a 90-140min job

So if you are an average player getting 4 points is quiet possible with 1 hour too late if you stick to level 21 areas.

But level 24 is nowhere close to Top 20 of class.
Okay, okay, I get it... Just please don't fight over this :_

So, with those answers, it now leads me to this final question:

What are the grounds for points awarding?

Just by reading your answers and reasoning on them, and without having any more knowledge of any type in this matter, I could think that I could win points no matter what I do or no matter how much time it gets me to lvl up to... let's say, lvl 10.

And I don't really think it works this way... or does it?
"
SigmaBlack wrote:
Okay, okay, I get it... Just please don't fight over this :_

So, with those answers, it now leads me to this final question:

What are the grounds for points awarding?

Just by reading your answers and reasoning on them, and without having any more knowledge of any type in this matter, I could think that I could win points no matter what I do or no matter how much time it gets me to lvl up to... let's say, lvl 10.

And I don't really think it works this way... or does it?

The system is made so that people who are not very good racers can still earn points by playing the races. I know some who have farmed coves forever because they were not confident in going to act 2 just so they could get like 1-3 points lol........... Its possible to reach 80 points in 4 races whlie some others only getting the low points would take possibly 40 races.
Last edited by Powster on Jun 28, 2013, 2:48:56 PM
Sooooo... pretty much all I would do in a race will award me points, even if I'm a last of the last on the race positions? o.O
Last edited by SigmaBlack on Jun 28, 2013, 3:59:31 PM
"
SigmaBlack wrote:
Sooooo... pretty much all I would do in a race will award me points, even if I'm a last of the last on the race positions? o.O

Last place would be level 1 with 0 exp. No you will not get points for level 1 with 0 exp lol.. if you actually played the full race pretty much anyone who has played path of exile a decent amount of time can reach the lowest level bracket. That is what I was saying...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info