Physical Siphon Witch (AuxTheDriven) [Standard]

Note: this is not as much a guide as it is a showcase. I get lots of requests to see my gear / passives / playstyle so I'm just consolidating it in a time-saving post. If you have any specific questions you can PM me in game or here, or leave a reply.

Spec:

Gear:
Spoiler

Gem Choices:
Spoiler
Reduced Mana is currently used in the red socket of the AoE Siphon in lieu of Weapon Elemental Damage. This serves to negate any mana issues as well as granting ability to ignore all Elemental Reflect (including -X% Maximum Resistances).

Life Leech in the gloves is there as a swap to the AoE Siphon on Physical Reflect maps.

The curse of choice is Critical Weakness, which grants me a total of 63.6% Critical Chance and 1373% Critical Multiplier.

Gameplay:

Statistics:
Spoiler
Defensive Stats:

Offensive Stats:
4L Single Target:

6L AoE with Reduced Mana:

6L AoE with Weapon Elemental Damage

Credit where Credit is Due:
Spoiler
Sanleon for the original inspiration for this spec!
IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on Jul 30, 2013, 10:12:19 PM
Hi

Nice build & video
I'm working on a similar character, but started from the shadow tree.

I have a few questions for levelling & end game purpose

1- you have ghost reaver, but still you didn't take vaal pact.
don't you miss it for survability ?

2- which wand node would you take first during levelling, right after the +100% wand damage node (elder power) :
the + elemental damage wand nodes (west side of the witch side)
or the add elemental damage nodes ? (north part of the tree, below the curse nodes)

3- you've got blood rage + 5 power node (maybe six with the bandit quest) : why don't you use discharge ?

4- CI + Ghost reaver : does that help taking CI earlier in the game ? or did you wait the classical 2K5 ES before respecing from hp nodes to CI

That's a lot of questions, i know ! :)
Most of my guestions were answered by guy before me but I got some also

1. What's the song on video? It's awesome and I know most people put the artist + song name to the description but since day one with this PC description box won't open for me with any browser :D

2. Did you level as FP or something else? Or straight to Power Siphon since lvl10?
Last edited by Qraparta on Jun 18, 2013, 7:43:19 AM
"
Qraparta wrote:

1. What's the song on video? It's awesome and I know most people put the artist + song name to the description but since day one with this PC description box won't open for me with any browser :D

2. Did you level as FP or something else? Or straight to Power Siphon since lvl10?

1. Taken from the video description:

Music:
BT & Adam K - Tomahawk (Original Mix)

2. I don't know how he leveled but I can tell you that the chance of finding even decent physical wands while leveling is very low so while it's still possible it'd be a pain in the ass if you're not lucky.
Last edited by Redoxe on Jun 18, 2013, 8:14:50 AM
Build seems incredibly good, love to see more about it.
"
blumblum wrote:
Hi

Nice build & video
I'm working on a similar character, but started from the shadow tree.

I have a few questions for levelling & end game purpose

1- you have ghost reaver, but still you didn't take vaal pact.
don't you miss it for survability ?

2- which wand node would you take first during levelling, right after the +100% wand damage node (elder power) :
the + elemental damage wand nodes (west side of the witch side)
or the add elemental damage nodes ? (north part of the tree, below the curse nodes)

3- you've got blood rage + 5 power node (maybe six with the bandit quest) : why don't you use discharge ?

4- CI + Ghost reaver : does that help taking CI earlier in the game ? or did you wait the classical 2K5 ES before respecing from hp nodes to CI

That's a lot of questions, i know ! :)

1. Vaal Pact is not really necessary unless your damage is bad. As you can see from the video, mobs almost never touch me and I'm playing extremely recklessly in that map too. You get enough leech from Blood Rage and the high crit multiplier on the physical damage you do to more than sustain your health if you take a hit.

2. Fusillade is the first wand node to take, then Static Blows, then the crit chance / multiplier nodes, then start filling in the wand nodes starting probably with the elemental ones at the top (you will have mana issues so it's better to go for those and get the mana at the same time). The order you get the rest of the nodes just depends on how much accuracy you need.

3. Discharge is a spell, no spell damage here. Even if there was there is no room in sockets for it and you are just trying to do extra fancy things that slow down and clunk up your character.

4. I leveled with CI pretty early, wearing a Tabula Rasa until I got to 69. I had my wand and chest and 20/20 gems lined up ahead of time so level 59, 68, and 69 were all massive jumps in effectiveness.

"
Qraparta wrote:

1. Answered.

2. I leveled with Power Siphon starting at 10. Note I just strictly elemental wands until I could use an Imbued Wand (level 59). Just get the best tri-ele Carved Wand you can find for a couple chaos and that should hold you over until you can used Engraved Wands at 40 and just do the same thing there. Once you get to Imbued is when you want to switch to the physical route.
IGN: Aux
Yeah, this is the same build I had, before you even started playing. Pretty basic.
IGN: NickCageAsGhostRider
"
Redoxe wrote:
"
Qraparta wrote:

1. Taken from the video description:

Music:
BT & Adam K - Tomahawk (Original Mix)

2. I don't know how he leveled but I can tell you that the chance of finding even decent physical wands while leveling is very low so while it's still possible it'd be a pain in the ass if you're not lucky.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Phys wands don't even have to be that good, you are looking at close to 70% crit chance if you know what you are doing.
"
zire wrote:
Yeah, this is the same build I had, before you even started playing. Pretty basic.

You do have sick gear though. You are doing it right.
would u recommend a pure physical wander build, with hatred as the only source of elemental damage? so without the elemental scaling nodes up top?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info