Minions and Magic Find

Two main questions I was hoping someone could answer:

(1) This might be obvious but kills done by our minions are influenced by our character's Magic Find, correct?

(2) And also, do minions benefit from the support gem Item Rarity?
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2016, 6:29:18 PM
Yes to both.

When a minion gets a kill, its IIR/IIQ stats are added to your character's and then applied.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Cheers and thank you for the quick response.
To question (1). Does this also apply to skills supported by Totem and Remote Mine?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
I thought I read very recently that magic-find was NOT working for minions? I don't remember what thread it was in, but I coulda sword a dev had said that.
It works with minions, but it doesn't with the "minion instability" keystone, iirc
--EDIT1: i make a lot of typos--
--EDIT2: english is not my native language--
That was the source of my confusion as well, I guess.. So much information on these forums, from so many different sources.. Hard to keep track of it if you don't remember everything your first read through.

It'd be nice, imo, if anything killed by any spell you cast, or passive you have, benefited from your inherent magic find. If you invested in it, and use it to kill monsters... Though I guess really, I'd rather see mf eliminated altogether, but all of this is for another thread anyways, so I'll stop derailing this one with my rambling ^-^
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
thats right
"
Axebane wrote:
I thought I read very recently that magic-find was NOT working for minions? I don't remember what thread it was in, but I coulda sword a dev had said that.
When a minion gets a kill, any IIQ/IIR from support gems affecting that minion gem area pplied, and then the kill is assigned you as the owner of the minion, so your IIQ/IIR from gear are applied.

The only thing which doesn't work with minions is that IIQ/IIR on gear only apply to the thing that gets credit for the kill (you, not the minion), so IIQ/IIR on gear the minions are using doesn't affect them. The only case this can ever happen is if you have IIQ/IIR mods on a shield, and are using Necromantic Aegis.

"
It works with minions, but it doesn't with the "minion instability" keystone, iirc
IIQ/IIR from the supports will not work with MI (yet) because it's not actually dealing damage (yet), but IIQ/IIR from your gear will work.
"
IIQ/IIR from the supports will not work with MI (yet) because it's not actually dealing damage (yet), but IIQ/IIR from your gear will work.
So when you say (yet) I don't see anything in the new patch so far having to do with addressing this fix, any idea on when this will be fixed? Because with the new changes to minion damage early game for zombies and such that MI is going to be even more a necessity for summoners.
"Playing jank off-meta minion builds since 2012"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info