{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

@mattc3303:
"
mattc3303 wrote:
added cold is a great idea, you'll def gimp the crap out of your party thou. For solo its excellent.

In a balanced party, cold users are still getting -25% cold resist out of the deal due to Elemental Weakness. Because lightning resist is -50%, shock stacks will be more common, further helping cold users.

Also, what they don't know won't hurt them... =oD

@cronik:
"
cronik wrote:
i'm using arc atm with added cold dmg for twice the -FR, but i'm also noticing that i'm not arcing as much as i should since it's hard to manage all the duties...

EE doesn't stack like that. What you're getting is +25% resist to both lightning and cold, and -50% fire resist.

"
cronik wrote:
shockwave/spell totem (maybe ice spear?) might be a better option after all.

Ice Spear would technically have greater range, but affect far less targets and require more gem slots to make decent. To keep it at 3 gems, you either suffer a long cast time or only shoot one projectile. Both will do crap damage, but Shockwave has its knockback utility.

Remember with totems that cast time applies to both your placement and then the delay before it unleashes its first shot, essentially doubling the time it takes to get EE out. As a result, you do not want a slowass Spell Totem.

"
cronik wrote:
edit: didn't see your huge spoiler text... never mind!

Hehe.

@NiNcsszaM:
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
Based on this I made a tree of my 1 time only respec>
Link
the main things were the minions and HP and the MI. hopefully this should be ok for now.

I'd do this instead to save yourself some Regrets later. Grab Athleticism next level.

"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
My only concern is the lack of STR and DEX. I might need to compensate for those with items or temporarily grabbing some +30 nodes.

You'll get plenty of both further into the build, but as a short-term solution you can grab those two +30 nodes if you need them and use some Regrets later. Picking up a Perandus Blazon would also help.
welp that's a bummer about EE. just read up on the mechanics of it and it doesn't stack like i thought it would. jeeze but is this game ever nuanced! with that change i'll definitely make the switch over to shockwave now, since it's a lot easier to slot now that i'm not trying to apply two elements. i'm not finding it worth the effort to try and stack shock, EE, and curses all at the same time... it's just too much to manage while managing positioning and pets. so arc goes and dual totem it is!

just made it into merciless and doing ledge runs a bit to try and get stats up. i'll make the changes and see if clear time (and general performance) improves.
Finally did my respec. I now have 10,179 armor. This change has given me +2,500 armor, +400 HP (+500 more HP if I wear my Kaom's Heart), and +300 MP. The downside is my resists are no longer capped, so I'll have to do something about that soon.

Without Inner Force I had 9,059 armor (-1120 armor).
you have two options on resists if you want to get it on your tree instead of gear, near as i can figure:

1) reroute your dex nodes near IR to the left again. just the 3. this puts you within two points of re-grabbing the resist node.
2) either wait 2 levels to get those points or change the layout near the opener of the witch tree, skipping arcane focus. if you're mana heavy atm and need the resists that bad you could take the less optimal route in that area which would free up the two points you need to get to that resist node. you'd lose some hps and mana and gain resists by doing so.

of course you could strip some life from a few areas if you wanted to and keep that arcane focus area more efficient (and save some regrets in the long run).
actually if you're willing to blitz straight to deep wisdom and skip the better passives in that area you free up 3 points not 2, meaning you could pick up the 12 resist node, and the +6 near IF if you wanted that too or a +30 int somewhere to help with mana on both fronts (from ES and straight mana), or keep the +12% mana. tough call probably depends on your needs.

not sure if it's worth losing all that mana though.
@cronik:
Thanks! But I'd rather solve it through gear since this build is flexible in that area. I could pick up an Aurumvorax if I didn't mind taking a hit to my farming.

If I really needed to solve this on my passive tree, I'd strip out the Templar Regen+HP nodes and put them into the top four shield nodes in Templar for +20% all resist.

@mattc3303:
Doing a little more research, if I understand it correctly, the Added Fire Damage calculation should go something like this:

Physical damage = Base damage * (1 + Minion Damage nodes + Minion Damage support gem) * (1 + Remote Mine)

Fire damage = (Base damage * Added Fire Damage) * (1 + Minion Damage nodes + Minion Damage support gem) * (1 + Remote Mine)

So if:
Base damage = 100
Minion Damage nodes = 135%
Minion Damage support gem (level 18) = 75%
Remote Mine (level 16) = 45%
Added Fire Damage (level 16) = 35%

Then:
450 physical damage = 100*(1+1.35+0.75)*(1+0.45)
157 fire damage = (100*0.35)*(1+1.35+0.75)*(1+0.45)

607 total damage = 450+157

So no, Remote Mine is not doubled like I originally wondered.

The Melee Physical Damage support gem should apply to both calculations as a multiplier like Remote Mine. Quality on the Added Fire Damage gem (+% increased fire damage) would be added to the minion damage cluster (where all increases go) in the second calculation. Another source of fire damage, such as an Anger aura, would be a third calculation because it will not be increased by Melee Physical Damage the way Added Fire Damage is.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jun 13, 2013, 1:13:43 AM
really like the build herc. i'm going to experiment and try something a little different, but nothing drastic.

the only thing i'm not sure about is whether i want to get body & soul or leather & steel. not sure what would have bigger returns. here's the two builds i'm looking at, both at the same 99 pts spent for comparisons sake:

Leather & Steel

Body & Soul

both sacrifice some hps/regen for resists, armor, & mana, but i'll probably need that option as a poorer player :P it'll basically come down to whether the extra armor & resists really helps or if it's still path of life nodes :/

edit: body & soul is actually FAR more mana friendly. so it'd depend on whether leather & steel added a ridiculous amount of armor or not.
Last edited by cronik on Jun 13, 2013, 1:30:49 AM
@cronik:
With IR, Armor+Evasion nodes = Armor nodes. Are you thinking it might give double the benefit? It doesn't; evasion and armor are calculated separately, then added together. IR allows armor nodes to affect evasion. That's it. I posted about this earlier, which Matt has quoted in his main post.

Now, to figure out the efficiency of a choice, divide what you get by how many points it took to get it:

Armor+Evasion route = 32% armor / 5 points = 6.4% armor per point
Body and Soul = 60% armor / 6 points = 10% armor per point

Body Armor carries a 4% movement penalty, and double for STR and STR/INT armor. Shields have an innate 3% movement penalty, and double for STR shields. Near IR is an 8% movement node, which could be taken instead to equal out Leather and Steel's secondary benefit (if using evasion or ES gear). Meanwhile, Body and Soul gives much more mana.
Last edited by Hercanic on Jun 13, 2013, 3:52:57 AM
can someone explain how this remote mine work with spectres ? try it out but everytime i got a random corpse as spectre. how it work, that i got THAT corpse i want to summon a spectre i want ?
"
skargarath128 wrote:
can someone explain how this remote mine work with spectres ? try it out but everytime i got a random corpse as spectre. how it work, that i got THAT corpse i want to summon a spectre i want ?

You need to make sure it's the only corpse in the area, turn the rest into zombies :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info