[0.9.11] Show us your interesting characters and be featured on our YouTube channel!

STONGEST & SAVEST 2h there is:

7000 Energie Shield Templer wit 2600 dps on GroundSlam in AOE. wail havin good summons.

ALL THE INFOS U NEED:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/classes/templar/view-thread/48578

kinda uniqu build atm i feel. im lvl 54 atm..... midgame is hard cos high Energieshield items r barly to find, but from lvl 50+ on its 100% the saves & stongest 2hander.

i know ur on the look for crazy builds for build of the week....... but i hope this intersting and very solid 1 got a chance
Last edited by RoterRamses on Sep 6, 2012, 7:37:44 PM
I'd like to submit my new build. My character 'Lyrz' is a lvl61 Fire Ranger with dagger & shield and using traps and firestorm as main skills. The focus of the character is duration and damage over time.

Skills

- Fire trap + duration + increased aoe
- Firestorm + duration + cast speed (+added cold damage)
- Firestorm + duration + concentrated effect + stun
- Bear trap + duration + added fire damage
- Viper strike + duration
- Vulnerability
- Temporal Chains
- Grace
- Clarity

I'd like to use haste, but I haven't got enough mana :(

Play Style

Against mob pack, use one or several fire traps to set the ground on fire, cast vulnerability. Spam non-concentrated firestorm while running around to keep the mobs in the fire.

For isolated mobs or yellows, one bear trap can one shot most of the white mobs. If not, use bear trap then spam the concentrated firestorm on his face while the mob isn't able to move. For yellow mobs, you can chain bear traps so the mob stay longer in place. Moreover, the stun support on the concentrated firestorm (plus some stun mods on gear) make it possible to permastun mobs under the firestorm. Indeed, the firestorm lasts about 2.7 seconds so there are actually 3-4 stacked firestorms (depending on cast speed), it's about one fireball every 0.05 second :D. Temporal chains can be used to make the trap last even longer.
Thanks to this strategy, most of the time, I don't have to kite or tank yellows.

Viper Strike is useful for the most tanky bosses, with the stacked duration stats, it lasts forever :D With vulnerability, it hurts :D

Defensive capabilities

Defense is full evasion with acrobatics. Stats are roughly 60% evade chance (13k eva), 50% block chance, 20% dodge chance, ~2500 hp. With the unique amulet Stone of the Lazhwar, she gets also 25% spell block.
I'm runnning an evasion life flask which gives me another 3k evasion and which I try to always keep on recovering, plus 2 instant life flask for emergencies.
Her hp pool is enough to not get one shot, plus with the new evasion mechanics, she has little chance to take critical hits.

This defenses combination has basically no weakness, she doesn't fear direct hits because 85% of them are mitigated, even if the damage is elemental or chaos (that wouldn't be the case with armor or es). The spell block makes her stronger against spell than most of the characters.

The most dangerous ennemies are archers because they are more accurate, but I plan to take arrow dodging for this matter. Another source of danger would be physical spell (like oversoul rocks sadly, looks like you can't evade them), so I'm planning to take phase acrobatics to strengten her defenses against spells.

Conclusion

This character is very fun to play, lots of fire everywhere, lots of explosions :D
This is the most powerful character I've created so far, especially thanks to its survivability. But kill speed isn't bad either. It was able clear blue maps pretty much safely right after killing Vall Oversoul, at lvl~59.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Aug 31, 2012, 11:54:50 AM
Character: Ruku
Class: Shadow
Specialty: Dual wand discharge + power siphon cannon.

I think my character is unique because it utilizes the synergies of the all the skills that I use to make discharge viable. Medium survivability, good crit rate/damage, blood rage and lots of charges ready to unleash with a diamond flask to shatter everything around me. Power siphon is 3 attacks per second with healthy damage.

Using double moonsorrow wands
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Sep 6, 2012, 9:49:33 PM
Okay well, my next character is ready, although I doubt that he will be picked.

Name:KekerWuts
Class:Duelist
Lvl:75 at the moment
Build:Blood Archer

Focus is around total life, sitting at 3k right now. With a mix of physical and elemental damage. I use a lvl'd lightning arrow for more targets hit, and pierce attached for even more targets hit. Burning arrow for single target, Bear trap for large enemies. Four auras are Grace, Wrath, Anger and Hatred. total life reserved is 970? I think, Making his actual life 2000~. Combat is simple. I cast warlords mark (cause im a boss), and then spam lightning arrow, and finish targets off with burning, Working on getting out of the 64 map rut at the moment, getting bored though. I think i'll wait for the new patch.

I just thought you might be interested in featuring a mid-endgame character that uses all 4 links and a 5 link, with decent quantity 116%.

So yea... have a nice day.. I guess...
I lol'd at "mid-end game character" when talking about a lvl75 character. Man, highest content is 69, lvl75 is already over endgame, I would call this post-end game character, but whatever.

Also, Why doesn't this thread get stickied ? I'm quite tired of looking for it every time.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Sep 6, 2012, 5:26:11 AM
I meant my gear. It gives me most of the stats I need, like resists, life ect.
"Lightning Fast" witch build

Character: Hagraven, lvl56 witch

This build consists of all available lightning spells and ways to maximize cast speed while maximizing the character's energy shield

For starters, Here is my passive skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQMAAM5rSAGBbooDL6J4BExkwwcmypYMXP-6DibkRRSzeq0a68s9IXnaeiftGhcy6rnsPYww9T6IjOU_BJ_rP55fTUJM1rxDGIu3SUc4nEyv9UNNM76rU_ror2BHBMljOr_IZsc122fCl6dyoJ9TcvYIf3bNX5l3ABYJgqopxIXlV9yH3iWTjFk-75BpUyWWHGVqlmvMrZgtItSYVKpknCM8rJzFRM2nmHqRp58YX6fnDaapvwdisxw4prljjsW9IbtWw37DfcfzXb3IOTABzcpmY9kJHdnbMyK43a4V3uL2Bz3t17l47fPWFvU5uo_3ZjtJ99oE5v2YbdP_xwqH

I
A quick summary of the nature of choices in the passive skill tree is as follows:

1. I grabbed all available lightning damage increase passives to maximize my DPS

2. Grabbed as many increase cast speed and increase spell damage passives

3. I also invested in numerous mana passives.

4. I invested a point in Chaos Inoculation to gain more survivability at the cost of all my health and a numerous investment in many energy shield passives.

Basically, I focus on numerous things in the passive skill tree and not solely on one desirable stat.

II

Skills and Gear used:

Spark- (Linked with added lightning damage, increased projectile speed, and increased cast speed)

Unavailable

Shock Nova[Totem] - (Linked with increased cast speed, lightning damage, totem support gem)
Unavailable

Elemental weakness curse- (Linked with increased duration and area of effect support gems)

Discipline Aura- Provides an enormous bonus to energy
shield with the Chaos Inoculation passive.

Blood Rage- Provides 3 Frenzy charges which increase cast rate by 15% (I am also immune to the chaos damage due to Chaos Inoculation passive so the buff remains activated)

Unavailable

Clarity Aura- Provides increased mana regeneration

Lightning Warp- Provides an escape route out of trouble

Unavailable

As for Rings, They provide an extra 24% increase to lightning damage:

Unavailable

Unavailable

The neck I am using provides extra cast speed increase.

As for flasks, There is no need to have any other kind of flask except for mana flasks; this helps greatly with mana regeneration (which makes me wonder, do I really need the clarity aura?)

III

Play style:

When I first enter a zone, I activate Clarity and Discipline auras.

When approached with a group of monsters, I cast Blood rage then elemental weakness followed by shock nova totem; If the totem does not kill them all, I resort to casting spark untill all are dead.

Usually I have no problems with any creature type ( except thoes who are immune to curses or have a high resistance to lightning damage)

IV

Character's Statistics:

The maximum energy shield for this character, with discipline aura, can reach up to 3.2k

With 3 stacks of Frenzy, this character can cast spark at a rate of 3.07 casts per second. Also, the shock nova totem casts shock nova at a similar rate.

The damage of Spark can reach up to around 975 dps, can reach up to 1K dps with frenzy charges (similar to the shock nova totem in dps).

This character can efficiently kill a whole room of monsters in seconds (even faster when the monsters have elemental weakness curse).

The only downsides to this build is that it is very fragile so being surrounded by melee or ranged monsters can lead to a quick death; that is why it is better to let the shock nova totem tank some damage while the character casts spark from a safe distance.

Another thing that needs to be tweeked about this character is it's mana consumption; it is partly due to the large reserved mana cost of the auras.

Last edited by Isoprene on Sep 8, 2012, 11:53:31 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Character: Ryalaei
Class: Witch
Level: 38
Build: High attack speed elemental damage using a bow. dex/int hybrid

I got the Quill Rain unique bow on my ranger, and was very happy with it. The problem I encountered however was the lack of damage, and the mana issues if I used any bow skills. I figured I could get around the damage issue by focusing on elemental damage while using the Lightning Arrow skill as my main damage dealer. This meant that if I did this on a ranger, it would have to be fairly high level to reach the passives required. The witch had lots of useful passives for the build I was planning, and was relatively close to the Shadow and Ranger, so I could pick up dexterity and bow passives from their areas. Zombies help to tank damage and distract, and various auras to boost mana regen and lightning damage. Elemental Weakness curse helps with bosses and other tougher enemies. My character is still fairly low level, but I'm sure will scale well later on due to the scaling of elemental damage that I'll be picking up as I level up.

Other things to note are the gloves which give increased attack speed on maximum health. This might work very well with Chaos Innoculation once I have better gear.
Character: Synstorm
Class: Ranger
Level: 44 (and climbing)
Build: Claw, life stealing, fast attack speed Iron Reflex, [u]LIGHTNING STRIKES[/u]

I use Clarity to keep decent mana regen despite only having about 120 mana overall with the reserve taken out. (used to use grace too but can't afford both anymore) with this I use frenzy to get charges if needed, dual strike on stronger solo mobs or puncture to kite heavy hitters... the real fun is using Lightning strike and whirling blades.

This claw character could be completely ranged if you want it to be. I use projectile weakness first I then position myself and use the shift button to stand still and pour out lightning strikes, combined with lesser multiple projectile (greater would be great but I never take time to trade), faster projectiles and Faster attack. This is combined with my 73% increased attack speed. The DPS isn't insanely high (partly because I am using weaker claws) but each claw gives me 15hp per hit, 30 total... each lightning projectile gives me 30hp. when I get hit it is incredibly easy to get health back. If enemies get too close I whirling blade through them and steal more health from that too. I keep fire trap out and explode corpse just as utility, also phase run, this character has high movement speed already though. I know I could make this better with some trading to get better resits or better arrangements for my gems but I never get around to it. I am considering going for the blood magic keystone and also considering removing Iron Reflexes but some enemies take a huge chunk of my life even with about 55% damage reduction. Overall its very satisfying to watch the lightning refill my health. Looking forward to see how well this will work in the next patch!
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
#10 is live!

There will be a new thread for 0.9.12 - I'll post it as soon as the patch is deployed. Because characters have to be re-created with the new tree, they'll need to be resubmitted if you'd still like to see them featured. I'm sorry about not being able to get through all of them :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info