Cut Throat Feedback

Ok after 2 Cut Throat races and 2 Cut Throat demigods I think it's time to give my feedback.

Lethal(+Turbo) on Cut Throat is a horrible idea.

First off it's a huge difference in balance. Meeling hillock takes around 5 minutes and luck that he doesn't hit you and because you don't see attacks in Turbo sometimes you will die.

There is no real PK/PVP atmosphere after you reach Mud Flats, because Mud Flats is nothing but a slot machine.

Meezing Oozeback -->Enjoy creating a new character.

I have partied with players which play 2 different servers than me.
And the total number of parties past flats at an ok time is around 7 most of them get killed.

I agree that there must be methods to slow good players down but I don't like the way it's done

So my suggestion is following:

Block exits and send them to town if you specify a certain level range.

For example instead of 1h lethal nobody can go past brutus-->No Brutus reward.
Then you can create 2-3h CT races with a level range till lvl 17 max without having major balance issues.

Another suggestion would be to increase monster base HP by 500% on goalzones This way players will be forced to kill each other to progress on levels or be horribly slowed down.

A rather small slow down would be that you are forced to kill uniques of certain zones to progress.
Like Necromancer and Oozeback to Lower Passage.

Fire Fury to flats and Tidal Island.

This way many effective builds have a challenge because 90% of the uniques get skipped during races.
But facing kuduko or Ironpoint might slow players down.

Set Lethal on certain zones and remove it after certain amount of time passed-->Slower players can catch up.
Meaning for example a good solo Brutus time is 15-20min. Many players need 40-->Remove lethal on upper prison at 40 lower prison 35 etc.

Set a lethal multiplier for entering lower level zones-->killing low levels will be prevented.

Another Racemode would be following:

You race to act 2. Level is capped at level 14. You can't progress and then you have to join the pvp arena and fight there.
This way you can set scores in pvp and create a ranking based on kills.

I don't think Lethal Famine Turbo etc modes in CT have a future.

When I run low I bail and kill some low levels to refill my flasks.
This isn't challenging and it's unfair.

Last edited by Hilbert on May 26, 2013, 7:05:41 PM
I really dont think cutthroat needs to be combined with things like blood magic, turbo.. lethal etc... The only one I can see working is ancestral cuz all the other just hurt build diversity... Immolation would also make cold casters even stronger... not saying they are op but they are definetly dominating alot. Having turbo + lethal is ok... but doing it with cutthroat just makes it kinda... unserious... Like it is meant to be dumb... It is really funny that way and would cause alot of lols and extreme situations were 12 players are at brutus and brutus slays them all or some funny crap like that... Very funny but not too serious. I would love to play it just to see how dumb it would be... cuz it is simply funny... But its just too much at once to be serious imo. Imagine 12 players in terraces running around chasing each other in terraces... they end up running to fire fury or something like that... from this point luck will decide what happens... It just doesnt sounds too PvPish when the monsters are way stronger than the players...
And this time the unlucky part of the stick.

18 minutes no ranged weapon.
Lethal Hillock on BM, TB Lethal-->Melee is impossible after he pulled the sword.

Died at flats 27 min in.

After that tried to reroll died at flats again 2 times. Thanks for those stupid crit mechanic.

After that went level 1 and of course got killed by higher players.
Here's my feedback. CT races are total crap. Why, because they have no business being in the "general population" area, and especially have no business being so many one after another.

PVP in this game is entierly unbalanced, and for the most part a no-skill gameplay experience that is roughly 30% based on loot drop luck and another 30% based on what players you'll encounter luck. This game will never even come close to being PVP-balanced, and that's because the game is pure PVE in design, from grounds up. But you know what, that's fine, if people want to PVP, let them, but DO NOT force the general users into PVP, this is pretty basic game design, GGG you should know that.

Ok so every now and then there's a CT race... that's fine, one CT every 3-4 days is not a problem for most people. But making an entire weekend all CT races? That's just failed game design, even if it's a beta.

And if it's feedback you're looking for, guess what, all you'll end up with is a ton of aggravated players that have no interest in CT races, but were forced to play them because they only have time to play on the weekends (you know, the people that actually have a life, jobs, wives, kids and real stuff to deal with in most of their time) and were just trying to do their weekly quota of points to get whatever item reward they want to get. What feedback do you think you'll get out of this user base?

Now, I'm not saying that the kids that play this game don't matter, but remember where you're getting your money from. Your paying customer is always more valuable than your non-paying customer, and it is mostly the paying customers the ones you're aggravating with such poorly planned events.

If you wanted to properly test out PVP, you should have made it into a separate ALL-PVP season, that you could have ran in parallel to the normal race season. And you could have created special PVP-oriented item rewards for that PVP-only season. In fact IF you truly want to deliver an acceptable PVP experience to this game, you need to split the PVP from the PVE completely, with their own mechanics and their own gear set, and so on. Right now this can't even be called PVP it's just a cesspool.
Last edited by vxcriss on May 24, 2013, 11:24:54 AM
Any tips for joining an already started cutthroat league? Today i joined 3 hour CT, one hour after start. I could not get past Terraces because of all the "invading" - i was constantly getting killed by 10-20 lvl players. I tried partying with other low-level players, but what can few 2-4 lvl chars do against one or two 15-20 lvl chars? I think there should be some sort of a level limit, preventing invading of low-lvl players. Also - 8 CTs at the moment vs 2 non-CTs in this weekend - i would gladly see the opposite ratio.
I agree that there should be a level cap for invading, it's no fun getting invaded by characters that have +5 your own level. Maybe limit different areas to a max level, eg: terrace 1-4, mudflats 1-6 or something like that.
My other gripe with CT is that it is really hard to find what instance your own party are using if you get separated somehow, even more so when you are in a public party. Maybe the party instances could be on the top and highlighted?
went with a party, everything was going nice, until i died to fire. Restarted and tried to catch up the party, ran through Terraces, not doing the chest quest, went through mud flats, was level 5, entered the Lower Submerged Passage, almost finished it, and then... guess what, lvl 15 maradaur chased me down, killed me and TPed out. League of Morrons, thats how it should be called.
haven't found the edit button.

I have forgotten to mention, while i was trying to catch up, my party was attacked by PKers, so, fuck this.
lightrow - this game is hardcore, you should know by now. and cutthroat league is the harshest part of it as for now. it has no rules. you can hate it or love it (i personally love it), but if you don't want to participate, there are 2 other leagues, with regular pvp. of course you gonna get PKed. that's the bloody point.
i don't understand what's the point of complaining without even suggesting something to improve this league. imo, being hardcore is a little too much for cutthroat, i enjoyed the softcore ones more, cause its more about the items that you stash than you'r level and gems (progress in other words), and if you killed a bunch of guys before getting killed, you can make a good comeback.
Last edited by zenist on May 25, 2013, 3:15:39 PM
Cut throat leagues are not perfect yet.

This is as clear as it gets:

"
zenist wrote:
... of course you gonna get PKed. that's the bloody point.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on May 25, 2013, 7:34:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info