IS THE LIGHTNING STRIKE TEMPLAR DEAD?

Lightning strike used to be a popular skill for Templar. Nowadays, no one seems to talk about it. Is it no longer relevant?
ign: grandiloquentlin
Still relevant, I'm doing 15k DPS with LS and destroying maps.
In fact, I just made a build overview video of my char: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivbaAbGUsD0
That was a nice video. I am a lvl 73 Lightning Strike Templar and I can't even do lvl66 maps without dying once or twice. I am not sure what went wrong.

Here are my gears:

I have the game's second most powerful 1h mace. With all my aura: wrath(blood magic), discipline, anger, hatred, clarity, I can hit a dps of 7K +, nothing like your 15k.

Here is my skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDH0QfxHbFE0ZLhoyGjgkiyftKU8yiTLRM3Y9D0A2QT9EckVHRtdN2E99UWBR5lRJVcZXDVfiXcZfP2BtZp5nvXB9cql3YnflfLt82X1TffWAVoFvgpuDOIRjhMSLjIx2j0aQVZI4m6GdgJ48ogCnCKeEqZWsqrQvtPm1BLaGuJO53cAaxPbGns9l0NDUj9lh2t3d897B4XPkreTx51LsOO0g7m_vDu988B_yL_Pd9zI=
Can you comment on my build?
"
That was a nice video. I am a lvl 73 Lightning Strike Templar and I can't even do lvl66 maps without dying once or twice. I am not sure what went wrong.

Here are my gears:

I have the game's second most powerful 1h mace. With all my aura: wrath(blood magic), discipline, anger, hatred, clarity, I can hit a dps of 7K +, nothing like your 15k.

Here is my skill tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDH0QfxHbFE0ZLhoyGjgkiyftKU8yiTLRM3Y9D0A2QT9EckVHRtdN2E99UWBR5lRJVcZXDVfiXcZfP2BtZp5nvXB9cql3YnflfLt82X1TffWAVoFvgpuDOIRjhMSLjIx2j0aQVZI4m6GdgJ48ogCnCKeEqZWsqrQvtPm1BLaGuJO53cAaxPbGns9l0NDUj9lh2t3d897B4XPkreTx51LsOO0g7m_vDu988B_yL_Pd9zI=
Can you comment on my build?

You are speccing into IIR and IIQ, which means you really can't get very high DMG/Survivability. I would suggest dropping the IIR/IIQ gems for Weapon Ele Dmg and Life Leech. Then replace your IIR/IIQ gear with gear that has high Life and Resists. Once you get more resists on gear you can drop the resist passives and still be maxed.

Once you do that you could try something like this for the same # of points, and eventually work your way to Iron Reflexes and the Life nodes at the bottom of the tree.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbDH0QfxRNGS4aMho4J-0pTzKJQDZBP0RyRtdN2E99UWBR5lRJVcZX4l8_Zp5nvXB9cql35XzZgFaBb4KbhMSLjI9GkFWboZ48ogCnCKeEqZWsqrQvtPm4k7ndwBrGns9l0NDUj9rd3sHhc-St51LsOO0g7m_vDvAf8i_z3VnzFm_60h0UNukkquNqGYUjTYx29kiMz1BQWGPG2MT2PC3Grrc-eriuk26qMn6mVzrhiPE=
Thanks for the reply. Seems great. How much will iron grip add to my dps approximately? Is it really important? Also, on the op of the skill tree, why give up on the mana regen and mana increase nodes for the intelligence nodes? With so many auras running (wrath, discipline, anger, hatred, clarity), i am badly in need of more mana.

You can see from my build that I am trying to strike a balance between ES and HP/armour. Is this a good idea, or will it be better to just go for hp/armour? (Since I doubt I can get a pure ES build, chaos innoculation is too far away)
"
Thanks for the reply. Seems great. How much will iron grip add to my dps approximately? Is it really important? Also, on the op of the skill tree, why give up on the mana regen and mana increase nodes for the intelligence nodes? With so many auras running (wrath, discipline, anger, hatred, clarity), i am badly in need of more mana.

You can see from my build that I am trying to strike a balance between ES and HP/armour. Is this a good idea, or will it be better to just go for hp/armour? (Since I doubt I can get a pure ES build, chaos innoculation is too far away)

Iron grip doesn't really add that much - I think calculated that it would add maybe a few hundred to my 20k LS templar.

Increased mana nodes are not really nessecary - if you wanna run a bunch of auras just go EB and you've got it all sorted. I got 1.9k mana with my helmet being pretty much the only ES piece.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
EB would fix all your mana issues, but you need to spend some points getting there.
Instead of getting Iron Grip and Iron Reflexes you could go across the top and get to EB. With EB, you will want to use Armor/ES gear with HP on it.

To answer your question, I got a really amazing deal on my staff and only paid 6 exalt for it.
Last edited by Tyronis3 on May 20, 2013, 11:38:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info