Want to PvP? Basic stuff you should probably know!

I didn't include Tempest like I included Bear Trap, since while it is certainly very powerful, it isn't usable by everyone and takes a pretty specific gear and passive setup :)

The ways I know to deal with it:
-many copies of Bear Trap
-RF Kaoms build
-Sword build with anti block passives
-Having ludicrous DPS, taking a shot at them and hope for RNG failure on their blocks to blow them up, if you dont get it run out regen and keep retrying (block builds are often unable to force a kill).

I don't have melee experience so I don't know if Viper or Puncture work or not.

In any case it's difficult to deal with. I'd like GGG to make Fire Trap unblockable to give people another general purpose option in addition to Bear Trap.
As someone who hasn't pvped at all really, is there actually any benefit to pvping other than being able to say "I'm tuff"?
Gooble Gobble

Gooble Gobble

i won wake boots from dueling once
Last edited by exmse on May 17, 2013, 3:10:03 AM
Great stuff!
"
swathe wrote:
As someone who hasn't pvped at all really, is there actually any benefit to pvping other than being able to say "I'm tuff"?

Enjoyment and intellectual stimulation! Against the right opponents PvP is by far the most interesting thing in this game, with the amount of different tactics and strategies you can attempt to win. Of course, getting a reasonably matched opponent is not always easy :)
Great post aimless. Too bad the PVP section of this game is virtually dead so not a lot of people will see it. :(

Anyways GL and HF bro, I'll see you around.
Animalistic in nature, somebody help me
dudes.. can i ask you something..? ive been soo frustrated in the way the PVP works.. i dont know why im still level 28 and i cant play pvp.. i thot the cap is level 28? the thing is that i already finished NORMAL Difficulty and im in the Forest Camp Greust CRUEL Difficulty.. i cant seem to find a match.. it saddens me that i cant play anymore PVP in the Normal mode/difficulty because i already finished/completed the Normal difficulty at level 25 or level 26.. can you guys please tell me what to do in order to play PVP at my Level at CRUEL or Normal Difficulty Forest Encampment.. i dont know if i want to continue to play POE if i cant play PVP with my character.. zzz... sad.. :( please help.. thank you soo much..
Sadly, there is no PvP in Cruel right now (might change with 1.0.0 who knows).
You cannot PvP in Normal either since you've put a foot in Cruel.
You basically have to start a new character if you want to try your chance at PvP ; don't be discouraged, leveling a chatacter to 28 doesnt take that much time :)
"
seijuro79 wrote:
dudes.. can i ask you something..? ive been soo frustrated in the way the PVP works.. i dont know why im still level 28 and i cant play pvp.. i thot the cap is level 28? the thing is that i already finished NORMAL Difficulty and im in the Forest Camp Greust CRUEL Difficulty.. i cant seem to find a match.. it saddens me that i cant play anymore PVP in the Normal mode/difficulty because i already finished/completed the Normal difficulty at level 25 or level 26.. can you guys please tell me what to do in order to play PVP at my Level at CRUEL or Normal Difficulty Forest Encampment.. i dont know if i want to continue to play POE if i cant play PVP with my character.. zzz... sad.. :( please help.. thank you soo much..

its either lvl 28 pvp (havnt completed nomral) or merciless pvp which doesnt get good until at least lvl 70.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Sep 13, 2013, 2:19:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info