Compilation of Useful Information [DELETED DUE TO AGE/ RELEVANCE]

"
This was originally a thread I created attempting to compile useful info for new players such as vendor recipes, a list of skill/support gems and which ones were drop only, desired mods on items that may hold value, and links to other similar threads and guides. (Such info was hard to come by at that time in the development phase during closed beta) I also asked other players for their input and requested specific info that I thought was needed.

Due to the age and relevance it now hold I've deleted the previous thread content.
Last edited by Azurafox on Nov 11, 2013, 2:30:47 PM
If you look around the forums, there are several on going threads as to Orb value, assiging what appears to be the current going rate for Orbs by translating the value into a number.

The top orbs are going to be Regal and Gem Cutters. While I can't speak for Regal, Gem Cutters are extremely rare to find. Many of us have several high level characters who have played through a lot of content and seen only one or two drop, or none at all.

Once you figure a rough estimation of the top Orbs, you can then start to formulate the rough value of 6 socket items which are not common.

What would be nice is, if you do put in the work to gather this information, we really need to compare it to other threads that have similar calculations. Since PoE operates on a barter system, the price is going to fluctuate a lot for some items and Orbs and it'd be nice to get it into the PoE Wiki.

Just my two cents.
Sale Recipes
Prefixes
Suffixes

Double MF refers to items that have both item quantity and item rarity on them:
Unavailable

There are some stats that you can only find on particular pieces of gear, like movement speed on boots. Thus, 30% movement speed boots are popular, especially if they do something else as well, like double MF, or really high defense. I don't know of any list of these, and I really don't feel like typing them all out (I'd likely miss a few anyway), you just kind of get used to it after you've seen millions of items drop.

I highly recommend you spend all your coins to purchase additional stash tabs, and start saving all of your tiny rares, like belts and rings, and even going up to daggers and wands. You can trade 2 items that have the same name for an alchemy orb, and that's a lot better than the 5-10 alteration scraps you'd get for it.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
bump
Last edited by Azurafox on Nov 11, 2013, 2:21:57 PM
bump
Last edited by Azurafox on Nov 11, 2013, 2:22:13 PM
Gems I know aren't quest rewards:
Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles
Life/Mana Leech
Life Gain on Hit
Totem/Trap/Remote Mine
Added Chaos Damage
Faster Attacks/Casting
Increased Critical Strikes
Item Rarity/Quantity
Iron Grip/Will
Reduced Mana Cost
Blood Magic

I believe that every active skill gem is a quest reward for one of the classes.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
Life/Mana Leech
Life Gain on Hit
Totem/Trap/Remote Mine
Added Chaos Damage
Faster Attacks/Casting
Item Rarity/Quantity
Iron Grip/Will
Reduced Mana Cost
Blood Magic

Elemental Proliferation is one I remember being very abusive and not a quest reward, also Reduced Mana Cost.
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
Life/Mana Leech
Life Gain on Hit
Totem/Trap/Remote Mine
Added Chaos Damage
Faster Attacks/Casting
Item Rarity/Quantity
Iron Grip/Will
Reduced Mana Cost
Blood Magic

I haven't seen Clarity as a quest reward, though I don't have any Cruel and beyond witches...a few Templars.

Lesser Multiples is a quest reward for Shadows and Rangers (possibly duelists?)

Life Gain on Hit definitely is for Marauders.

Item Quantity is a Marauder reward as well.

I have never seen Melee Physical Damage as a quest reward (and no, I don't mean Melee Physical Damage on Full Life).
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
Life/Mana Leech
Life Gain on Hit
Totem/Trap/Remote Mine
Added Chaos Damage
Faster Attacks/Casting
Item Rarity/Quantity
Iron Grip/Will
Reduced Mana Cost
Blood Magic

I know for a fact that Life Gain on Hit is a reward for Marauders. I think Lesser Multiple Projectiles is a reward for Dex characters as well...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Anunpnd0-mAudHIxazRvZGpqLXdlQ3JfT0hkWVRjV2c#gid=0

Existing list of skillgem rewards by class. Not sure if this is in the wiki yet.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info