This patch should be deployed early tomorrow afternoon, NZ time.
- Added four new Unique items, three of which were designed by our Diamond supporters. There are new general mechanics that first appear on these items:
- - Consecrated Ground is a ground effect that provides life regeneration to allies.
- - Desecrated ground is a ground effect that does chaos damage to enemies.
- - Lucky/Unlucky indicates that the random check is performed twice and the better/worse outcome is selected.
- New vendor recipes have been added. These are for specific niche purposes rather than being general currency recipes.
- "Extra gore" effects granted by certain Unique items have been improved, along with slight changes to normal blood effects.
- Added two new cosmetic microtransactions: Demon Hand Cleave and Emerald Rain of Arrows.
- The Alternate Art Redbeak given out in the first race season has been given custom 3d art.
- Graphical Effects have been given to the 3D models for Quill Rain and Rathpith Globe.
- Continued to incrementally improve the art, effects and environments and audio.
- Improved the forced delay on acceptance when other trader changed or removed items and rapidly accepted in single item trades.
- Reverb has been added to audio in selected areas. Some players may need to adjust their audio volumes in response to this.
- Boss music now stops on boss death.
- NPCs turn to face the player when dialogue is initiated.
- Website forum searches now allow time based queries and filters.
- Skill Gems now display Mana Multiplier instead of Mana Cost Multiplier.
- Added a letter from Piety to Arteri in the Western Forest, with a voice acted passage that explains more of the story related to The Way Forward quest.
- Added the Letters of Exile in Lioneye's Watch. This object can be clicked to show information about the history of some of Wraeclast's exiles.
- The content levels for several Act 3 Merciless areas have been changed:
- - The Catacombs: 63 -> 67
- - Battlefront: 61 -> 62
- - Solaris Temple Level 2: 62 -> 63
- - Solaris Temple Level 3: 62 -> 63
- - The Docks: 62 -> 63
- - Market Sewers: 62 -> 64
- - Sewers Aqueduct: 62 -> 65
- - Barracks: 62 -> 66
- - Lunaris Temple Level 1: 63 -> 66
- - Lunaris Temple Level 2: 63 -> 67
- - Lunaris Temple Level 3: 64 -> 68
- Non-map areas cannot drop Maps with a base level higher than 66.
- Each map type now contains a special monster pack based on the theme of the area. This creates a monster variety between map types that players can plan around and lets us adjust the challenge of different map types beyond their size and layout.
- The threshold level for currency penalty is unchanged. You will not treated as being higher than level 68 for purposes of the currency penalty.
- Lunaris Temple Level 3 has been reduced in size by around 15%.
- Merciless Piety now has a dedicated map drop slot with a chance to drop a level 66 map.
- The Catacombs now has a Scribe’s Rack chest that can drop scrolls or maps.
- The Marketplace waypoint has been moved to being outside Catacombs entrance.
- Previously, the item rarity bonuses of monsters would not affect any Maps that were dropped. This limitation has been removed, which means that bosses like Piety are likely to drop magic/rare Maps rather than white ones.
- Lightning Warp now has increased damage at high levels and it now has a 3% reduced skill effect duration per level after the first.
- Discharge now has increased damage at high levels.
- Freeze Mine has had its cast time for laying the mine decreased to 500ms from 1 second.
- The detonation time for all mines has been reduced to 200ms from 1 second.
- Puncture now has increased damage at high levels and Physical Damage % added to it that increases each level, to match other similar skills. Puncture may now be used with Two Handed Swords.
- The Life Leech Support gem now starts at 5% leech and progresses in smaller increments up to 8.8% leech at Level 20.
- The Mana Leech Support gem now starts at 2% and goes up in smaller increments, reaching 5.1% at Level 20.
- Asphyxia, the boss of the Reef map has been redesigned, with new stats, skills and AI.
- The notable passive Deep Thoughts near the Witch area has been changed to: +20% maximum mana, +20% mana regeneration, 20 Intelligence.
- The notable passive Deep Thoughts between the Ranger and Shadow start area has been changed to a Mana Flows notable passive.
- Town instances now have a 20 second ping timeout rather than 6 seconds.
- Fixed a bug where instances would sometimes crash when multiple players were entering a new map.
- Fixed a bug where Devouring Totem would attempt to raise a corpse on its own location which is then killed, causing an instance crash.
- Fixed a bug where projectiles could appear at the wrong height.
- Fixed a bug where Shield Charge consumes mana when frozen.
- Fixed a bug where a specific skeleton pack in map areas would always spawn as magic.
- Fixed a bug where characters wearing Icetomb were affected by chilled ground.
We hope you like this patch. Thanks again for your generous support
and continued feedback.
Last edited by Qarl on May 9, 2013, 6:51:22 PM
on May 9, 2013, 1:27:08 AM
Grinding Gear Games
For a preview of the "Letters of Exile", check out this video
on May 9, 2013, 1:28:20 AM
Grinding Gear Games
" Lunaris Temple Level 3: 64 -> 68" so awsome..
so is the catatombe lvl increase.
no new gems?
also fixing the up arrow key to retype ur previous trade would be nice.
first btw :)
or second if u count chris'
Last edited by eplaner on May 9, 2013, 2:24:06 AM
on May 9, 2013, 1:28:50 AM
Good to see that you guys are reworking some "weak/not so good" skills, but didnt you mention something about maybe changing the quality bonuses?
I personally would love to see a revamp of the quality bonuses on most skills gems, so that they ended up more like lightning strikes quality bonus. Quality on a gem shouldnt alwaysbe good imo, it should add another lvl on build depth.
IGN: Jillys| League:HC/HCTemp | Time Zone: GMT 0 (UK) | Play Time: 10:00 - 02:00
Last edited by Jillys on May 9, 2013, 1:41:41 AM
on May 9, 2013, 1:31:38 AM
Awesome patch :)
on May 9, 2013, 1:37:41 AM
Excited for the update!
IGN - Unhost
on May 9, 2013, 1:39:55 AM
I was really, really hoping something would be done to adjust map drop rates for midlevel maps. I'm sick and tired of spending literal days farming irrelevant 66-67 maps just to be able to chain up to a few 70+ maps, never making it above 73, only to start the entire grind over again.
I have to say, right now playing just seems pointless. Map drop rates + xp death penalty + desynch issues pretty much combine to make me feel like I never accomplish anything, ever. The only good xp is in midlevel maps, and you have to run ten or fifteen low level maps per one midlevel one, it seems. Grinding just for the privilege of grinding... I'm tired.
Last edited by Finnien on May 9, 2013, 1:44:09 AM
on May 9, 2013, 1:41:55 AM
This patch sounds fantastic! I'm definitely in favour of seeing patches every 2 - 3 weeks, with much bigger changes happening between each patch.
Looking forward to seeing how the mechanics play out for the unique items, skills, and doing Piety runs! It will be like running Big D all over again :')
Great work guys, keep it up!
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
on May 9, 2013, 1:42:12 AM
This is going to be great fun. Can't wait to try it out this weekend :)
on May 9, 2013, 1:46:15 AM
Maybe I'm just new here, but why did Chris call it the, "Shore Encampment" instead of Lioneye's Watch?
Build a ship before you burn a bridge.
on May 9, 2013, 1:46:26 AM