Help Me With My Lightning Strike Tank Build

Hey guys, I am fairly new to the game and this is my first build so I would appreciate any help I could get on it. It is based on a variety of LS builds I have come across but I added/took away a lot of nodes to make the build more fitting for hardcore.

I am trying to go for a very tanky (I play in hardcore) shield using LS Templar. I basically took as many health and elemental resistance nodes as I could that seemed worth it (ie: generally over 8% maximum health). The big thing about the build is that I delve into a lot of other classes' sections: namely the Marauder, Witch, and Duelist because of a few important nodes.

In the Templar section, I went the route of melee physical/physical damage since those are one of the few damage nodes I've taken in all and seems more beneficial to my build. however, if I am in a deep need of mana and mana regen later on, I might consider respeccing. I also went up the elemental damage section to get to Celestial Walker. I then went out of my way to get Body and Soul and went straight for the highway.

In the Marauder section, I took all of his health nodes, Diamond Skin, Resolute Technique, Elemental Adaption, and the three armour nodes. I am still iffy on the armour nodes since armour isn't as important as most of the other nodes I took, but I guess it's important to get some % in and I get movement speed along with it. However, does anybody know if the % armour nodes are based purely off gear armour or do other nodes affect it as well?

In the Witch section, I only really take Static Blows to make up for Resolute Techniques not allowing me to crit any longer and I got the +buff nodes because they'll greatly enhance my auras. I am also considering adding Eldritch Battery to support my auras but that would cost too many points in my opinion.

In the Duelist section, I get Unwavering Stance, Diamond Skin, Iron Reflexes, Celerity, Point Blank, and Iron Grip. I took Unwavering Stance because stun immunity seems absolutely crucial and Iron Reflexes compliments Unwavering Stance beautifully. Point Blank was very close and definitely compliments my close to medium range use of projectiles. I think Point Blank alone may help make up for the general lack of damage nodes I have taken, however I have read of many LS templars using their ability mostly long range. I haven't seen this strategy as viable but I don't have all my support gems yet so I might remove Point Blank. Iron Grip is just to make make my strength benefit my LS projectiles.

Since I have never gotten past mid 30s I don't know how end game is and I am still thinking about getting all of those chaos resist nodes and endurance charges and charge duration nodes I am incredibly close to in this build. I also don't know if any evasion, energy shield, or elemental resist gear will be abundant or lacking in endgame...so maybe that would mean I have taken too many/few elemental resist nodes or my major keynodes were in vain (my auras alleviate that issue though to a degree whatever the case). If anybody has any say on this matter that would be really appreciated.

Auras

Grace (for Iron Reflexes)
Discipline (if I were to take Eldritch Battery)
Purity
Wrath
and pretty much every other Aura that I can fit in. They all seem equally beneficial.

Gear
I don't have any gear in mind. Seems like pretty much anything with any type of stats be it evasion, energy shield, armour, health, elemental damage, etc... will benefit me just the same because of my keynodes. However I believe a blood gem for lightning strike is necessary (and chain and fork would be nice as well) because it allows me to spam and leaves my mana for maximum aura usage.

Skills
Lightning Strike
Heavy Strike/Glacial Hammer (probably Glacial considering it is elemental damage)
Tempest Shield
Enduring Cry (maybe)
Conductivity
Shield Charge

tl;dr
Could you tell me what you think of my build? It has a lot of points in it and I am trying to make it efficient.

Thank you for your time.
I make music.
Last edited by Zerocloud411 on May 9, 2013, 12:57:16 AM
Bump
I make music.

This is a much more condensed version of the build. I took out everything on the duelist side past Unwavering Stance. Saved me a ton of points, and I frankly don't know if I'd even have enough evasion (even with Grace) to warrant Iron Reflexes. I added in a few damage nodes instead so the survivability is slightly lower but I think this might be more well rounded. I still don't know which build is more efficient though.
I make music.
Last edited by Zerocloud411 on May 9, 2013, 2:32:36 AM
Your 2nd build is pretty similar to what I'm trying to do... check the other thread for passive I posted. I'm on default though. I didn't take Unwavering Stance nor Iron Grip and opted for Golem's Blood + HP.
"
psxstudio wrote:
Your 2nd build is pretty similar to what I'm trying to do... check the other thread for passive I posted. I'm on default though. I didn't take Unwavering Stance nor Iron Grip and opted for Golem's Blood + HP.

yea I saw, looks good.
I make music.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info