0.10.8, Supporter Packs, Paysafecard and more

We're posted in the past about some of the things expected to be in 0.10.8. The full patch notes will be a lot longer, as there are other systems such as audio reverb that we've been working on that will be in the patch also. At this stage we're targeting the Thursday workday (NZ time) for deployment, but it might slip to Friday if we find last minute problems.

For European supporters who are keen to be able to support us: We're expecting to have paysafecard support on our shop within a week! This has taken a lot of effort to get set up over the last year but we're really pleased it all came together.

Speaking of support, we're now down to just a couple of hundred Closed Beta supporter packs to ship, out of the thousands that we've sent in the last few months. We're very sorry it took so long and will make sure that any Open Beta supporter packs are ready to be sent much more promptly. We finally have a great system in place for putting them all together and shipping them out quickly. I'll try to take some photos for you to see next time I'm in that office.

A few days ago we asked for feedback on what people thought we should put in some new Supporter Packs for Open Beta. We've been going through the thread processing the feedback. Some things that people have asked for would be insanely cool, but also really hard for us to create (especially in the timeframe of having the packs for sale for the last few months of Open Beta). There are lots of great ideas (Tabula Rasa t-shirt? I'm going to get one for myself!) and we really looking forward to announcing the new supporter packs soon.

Season Two's race schedule has been updated to include Week Four. It contains the return of the popular BLAMT races (Blood Magic, Ancestral, Multiproj and Turbo, all at the same time).

I'm not happy with our rate of news updates over the last few weeks. From now on I will be posting news updates each weekday so that you can see what's going on behind the scenes. In addition, if anyone in Auckland, New Zealand is looking for fulltime work and has an exceptionally good standard of written English and deep knowledge of Path of Exile, please email me at chris@grindinggear.com. Please only do so if you are serious and actually live in Auckland.

That's all the news for today. See you guys tomorrow!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Dreggon wrote:
Chris, can you tell us more about what you've been doing recently? Tax and stuff? Communicating "I can't communicate because I have more paperwork than a corrupt bureaucrat" is good PR.

I've personally been working on hiring, the 0.10.8 patch, planning for 0.10.9/0.11.0 and a lot of business development paperwork.

"
ElmoLiftsBro wrote:
you guys shouldn't tell the general public to expect a weekly update if you cannot keep on schedule.

Huge disappointment and poor business practice, although I do appreciate the product I do not appreciate the lack of promised updates, bad quality or service.

I think that (plus or minus a few days) we've had weekly patches. Some were labelled as point releases (like 0.10.7b) but still added content. I am changing future patches to be a little more than a week each because it'll increase their quality.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on May 6, 2013, 2:27:33 AM
"
Reclaw wrote:
Are you planning on releasing new micro-transaction with 0.10.8?
I`m currently sitting on money i`m planning on spending, can`t yet decide if i want a pet or something like that..knowing if new stuff is coming would be helpful ;)

Otherwise great patch from the looks of it, realy appreciate your work.

I believe it's Emerald Rain of Arrows and Demon Claw Cleave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info