Discharge Templar

So i recently found a quality discharge and i immediatly started to theorycraft around it ;)

Especially with the addition of the Power charge on crit gem this idea could work easily.
I would go for a CI Templar, so that i can use Blood rage (of course keeping it on lvl 1) to gather frenzy charges. A lot of crits are needed for the power charges, so Ice spear seems like the most natural choise. The required Endurance charges can be gather with 2 methods: either the use of Enduring cry or with a unique for 1 additional curse (Doedre's damning or Windscream) Warlords Mark can be used (why only with the +1 to curses? I would like to try in in HC and i will use Enfeeble as the main curse ;)).
WM seems like an odd choise for a curse but we still get a lot of flask charges with it (i use it on my melee duelist and flasks are always full) and with that curse we need only our Ice spear to get all 3 types of charges (Enduring cry and Frenzy can still be held as a backup against bosses etc. where we don't have any small mobs to fill us up).

the build: Link

I would start it as a geenral Templar caster (life based) using later in the game all respec points i get during the playthrough to switch from life based to CI. The bendit quest would provide 1 skill point in the first 2 difficulties and 1 additional frenzy charge in merciless.
The point at which i plan to switch would be when this would be achieved: Pre CI build
And the passive tree after my refund orgy (15 refund points required) would look like this: Post CI change tree
The main damage dealer up to this point would be the above mentioned Ice spear, probably linked to Power charge on crit, Fork (maybe Faster casting instead of Fork, IF i see that Discharge would here already do enough area damage to clear mob packs) and Cold penetration.
Auras i plan to use would be Clarity and Purity.

And from that i would continue to the above posted build.
Discharge would be linked To Lightning penetration, Fire penetration and Concentrated effect (+ Cold penetration if i would get a 5L)

Sadly the build is quite gear dependant (as any CI build), so i won't yet be able to start working on it (i'll play my other HC chars and make sure to ID any higher lvl ES items and when i'll feel like i could make it with my stashed gear i'll start with this)

So what do you think?

EDIT: forgot to post what i want to link to Discharge and made a mini change in the tree.

EDIT2: about the AOE radius with concentrated effect (CE) - thanks to the passives and the 9% quality i have on discharge the radius is still 7% increased even after the reduction of CE
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on May 5, 2013, 12:20:59 PM
How about CI power siphoner with blood rage? When there is a large pack of mobs/elites you could just dive in pop enduring cry for 1-3 charges and boom :)

Instead of using vols you could use that [semi]new area damage/radius chest

Last edited by Jyssi on May 15, 2013, 6:33:08 PM
How you will survive without any ES node ?

I have a similar build, but start to witch, and i have only 2K5 ES for lvl72 with this build. I cant survive to the dock. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info