F.A.Q. -- READ THIS BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION, IT MIGHT BE ANSWERED HERE.

These are three more questions that crossed my mind that you might be able to add in your FAQ, as it it concerns general knowledge about skills.

Question 1: 'Sceptres' often get catagorised under the class of 'one-handed maces'. Does one-handed mace passives work for sceptres?

Question 2: The skill 'Necromantic Aegis' mentions that it gives all bonuses from your shield to your minions. Does that include the passives you link with your shield such as 'shield block', 'Energy shield on shield', 'block recovery', regular armour + defence and the skillgems that you socket on your shield?

Question 3: Does elemental damage apply to all sort of damages (fire, lightning and cold). Or is elemental damage a seperate catagory of damage, seperate from fire, cold and lightning.

Thanks in advance~
Last edited by Spectruma on Jul 2, 2012, 11:54:02 AM
"
Spectruma wrote:
These are three more questions that crossed my mind that you might be able to add in your FAQ, as it it concerns general knowledge about skills.

Question 1: 'Sceptres' often get catagorised under the class of 'one-handed maces'. Does one-handed mace passives work for sceptres?

Question 2: The skill 'Necromantic Aegis' mentions that it gives all bonuses from your shield to your minions. Does that include the passives you link with your shield such as 'shield block', 'Energy shield on shield', 'block recovery', regular armour + defence and the skillgems that you socket on your shield?

Question 3: Does elemental damage apply to all sort of damages (fire, lightning and cold). Or is elemental damage a seperate catagory of damage, seperate from fire, cold and lightning.

Thanks in advance~

I believe these to be more technical questions myself. More generalized versions would be something along the lines of:

1: Do scepters count as 1h maces?
2: Can't really think of a general question for this one.
3: Pretty much the same question I would just word it differently.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
Dark0mens wrote:

I believe these to be more technical questions myself. More generalized versions would be something along the lines of:

1: Do scepters count as 1h maces?
2: Can't really think of a general question for this one.
3: Pretty much the same question I would just word it differently.

And do you know the answer to them? I know it's not your task to answer anyones question. You just made this FAQ to answer some. But since I'm theorycrafting a lot before I actually get in-game an answer to these three questions would be very much appreciated!
A quick question. Does anyone know if PoE will be downloadable/playable from Japan. I am getting sick of game producers banning IP's from Asia.
Sceptres are 1h maces and get the benefits of 1h mace passives.

Necromantic Aegis - I would assume that it also transfers the bonuses from passives to your minions as well as the base stats on the shield but cannot verify that 100% without testing or researching further on the forums. You might find the answer to that in the mechanics thread linked in the FAQ and elsewhere on the forums. Skill gems in your shield do no transfer to your minions via Necromantic Aegis although that would be rather awesome wouldn't it(hint hint hint GGG Devs!)?

Elemental damage is Fire, Cold, Lightning Damage. Chaos is not an element. Weapon Elemental damage does not count towards spells. Regular elemental damage bonuses affect all I believe. Weapon skills that use weapon elemental damage are, but not limited to, Lightning Strike, Lightning Arrow, Burning Arrow. Also any +ele dmg (i.e. 1-20 lightning dmg) is further enhanced by weapon elemental dmg passives.

*I might be off on some of the info afterall I am only human but I believe most of it is spot on

As for the Japan question I believe the person who used to give away keys on a daily basis back when beta started was playing from Japan so I guess the answer would be Yes.

Thanks. A lot of good info.

I have a question you might add. How do you plan a build when the good skills are based on random drops? I've never played a game before where you don't know what skills you will have.
Last edited by 0sync0 on Jul 2, 2012, 6:53:35 PM
Cheers DarkOmens, I have just bought the game and downloaded it. See you guys online.
"
Dark0mens wrote:
Necromantic Aegis - I would assume that it also transfers the bonuses from passives to your minions as well as the base stats on the shield but cannot verify that 100% without testing or researching further on the forums. You might find the answer to that in the mechanics thread linked in the FAQ and elsewhere on the forums. Skill gems in your shield do no transfer to your minions via Necromantic Aegis although that would be rather awesome wouldn't it(hint hint hint GGG Devs!)?
This is not the case. You minions do not have your passives, and are not affected by them. They only get the stats that the shield grants.

Investing in passive skills that increase the benefits you get from a shield, and then a keystone that means you get no benefit from a shield, but something else without your passives does instead, is a sub-par build choice (but one you're free to take if you really want).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 2, 2012, 7:19:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

iam thinking to rly Support this Game cause i feel it has a lot of Potential in terms of long time motivation.
But i got some Quetion hopefully to get answered even though my english isnt that good.

1. Am i able to play from Germany with a not so high Ping? Around 100 ms would be fine for me. ( i got a connection with a 600kb download and 70 Kb uplaod)

2. Is my PC able to run the Game smooth ? ICore 2 DUO @2.66mhz 4gb DDr2 Ram and a Geforce 260 Gtx with 896mb Ram.
I am just asking for a Possability for it, means iam obviously not a guy who needs the best Graphic Options enabled.

3. This Question here i found out a bit confusion for me cause i think i didnt played the game yet:

Q: Can I respec all of my points at once?
A: No, skill point resets are a single point at a time. GGG have made clear this is working as intended and they do not plan to implement a method of total respec.

Does this mean it takes some Time to respecc in order to find alot of those Skill resset
Items or is it impossible to resset all Passives?

4. Am I able to pay with Euros via Paypal or Meastro Card ( Bank Account direkt Debit) since I got no Credit Card and i really want to support through a Bronze Supporter Pack and Play the Closed Beta. Also I really want to buy some stuff vom the Shop aswell.

Enough Questions for now from me :)
As i was reading through these Forums i think i can write down : Thanks for the answers in advance :)

Greetings and hope to see u ingame soon in Beta!!

Druhgs
Last edited by Druhgs on Jul 2, 2012, 7:56:14 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Dark0mens wrote:
This is not the case. You minions do not have your passives, and are not affected by them. They only get the stats that the shield grants.

Investing in passive skills that increase the benefits you get from a shield, and then a keystone that means you get no benefit from a shield, but something else without your passives does instead, is a sub-par build choice (but one you're free to take if you really want).

Good to know. Like I said I assumed but wasn't 100% sure and we all know what happens when you assume.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info