Holy relic of conviction bricking FPS ( video with commentary included )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0HptLXTdro

So, I swapped to HR of conviction recently and I go to do my typical

breach/deli/beyond/domination - teachings setup, which in that setup you gather shrines and try to overlap two breaches for sweet xp glory.

I've had no issues previous to switching to this build, but it,s just not consistent where it bricks my fps. I would love to say it's just quantity of mobs, but that's not always the case.

Also I recently formatted my pc, not for POE related reasons, but everything is fresh, all drivers are up to date. Nvidia control panel is optimized , x64 poe client properties are optimized. Keep in mind I had done... basically noe of this previously. All settings are as low as possible. Medium channel count. Etc etc.

Anyway, I decided to do a really whack t17 map with union of souls and 100 percent increased life, and I decided to record it and I managed to catch a few instances of fps getting bricked.

That all being said, it does mostly occur with large density of monsters, but not always. Most of my gameplay experience I can get 60-80 FPS on max settings with some sprinkles on top at 1440p.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me, and I would be glad to do more recording whatever , etc etc.

I have more video comparisons I will be uploading and linking this weekend.

UPDATE : I have found what is causing the FPS drops through some testing.

Decided to drop my double curse asenath's touch gloves for a map in favor of some random rampage gloves.

GUESS WHAT ? No FPS bricking. So I think maybe it's just the asenath's explosion ? So I buy some rampage double curse gloves, nope FPS bricking again.

It's the curse decals ya'll xD Seriously ?

Please just give players an option to turn them off. They're apparently using more resources than drawing actual 3d models. Ridiculous.

Update: I do think Holy Relic may still be partially the cause as I cannot do a double breach opening without bricking FPS even on lowest settings, previously I could do double breach/deli/beyond with two different builds with no issues.
Last edited by Pizzanomicon on Apr 27, 2024, 6:24:35 AM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2024, 9:54:29 PM
I decided against putting effort into uploading the other videos because when I see videos of streamers with 7000+ dollar pcs experiencing the same issues on different builds ( stable builds that have been around and aren't considered FPS killers" and I quote....

" powerpoint presentation is now a current POE meme."

It just... removes my incentive to be helpful.

Get it together ya'll.

Guess I'll go buy some stuff from that new shop drop so game performance next league can be as abysmal as it has been for almost a year...

with nonstop complaints on the forums and by large content creators who absolutely are a big factor in this games success.
Last edited by Pizzanomicon on Apr 30, 2024, 9:56:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info