Detonate Dead Spectre Question

So I have a question that's a bit hard to explain, but let me try. So I'm playing detonate dead for the first time and am following a guide that Ziz recommended on one of his videos.

Now the guide talks about equipping the "raise spectre" gem initially to raise the Kitva of Herald, so that it's in your corpse pool, and then mentions to get rid of it. But the guide says later to temporarily equip a "midnight bargain" wand later to be able to raise more spectres.

But the confusion is, if you are getting rid of the gem and wand right away once you raise the spectre, can't you just use a level 1 "raise spectre" gem and raise all 5 but just raise them one at a time? . Like for example raise one then get rid of the gem, and then equip the gem again and raise the 2nd one and then get rid of the gem etc, until you have 5?

Since you aren't keeping the corpses raised and only having them in your desecrate pool, why do you need to able to raise more spectre's at once as opposed to one at a time?

or do you have to raise all 5 and keep all 5 raised before you get 5 of your chosen corpses in your corpse pool? It's a hard question to explain, but hopefully someone will understand my wordy question lol.
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2024, 11:45:26 PM
They do need to all be summoned at same time. before you stash the spectre gem and gear.

You could use level 1 raise spectre but you wont get the +2 to max at lvl 13 or the +3 at level 25, You'd just get the spectre limit increase from items/passive tree.

Different write up if interested same concept though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/1bogtf1/heres_how_to_easily_minmax_your_spectre_setup_for/
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Apr 22, 2024, 11:03:14 PM
thanks! that helped bigtime, especially the link.

Much appreciated..
no worries good luck.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info