T17 maps are not fun.

I really think these would be just fine IF we didn't have the Haunted modifiers which cannot be disabled. I just... don't get it. Who thought this was fun?

half the mods brick like most builds in the game.

It's really the haunted mods in t17s that just suck the fun right out. 600% more life, guaranteed crits, Penetrate ele, tons of attack speed. It's insane.

Can I beat them? yeah, i brick plenty but I've managed to clear some. But it's just not fun. Mods either destroy you or they're doable; this means there is almost no counterplay available in a large percentage of cases. Oh you invested heavily into defense? 90% all res? tons of armor? lol, enemies gain hundreds of % as extra ele and chaos and penetrate huge portions of resists. Turn the corner, boom dead. Repeat.

Tight windows, low visibility, insane damage, no counterplay. You can have like, 2 or 3 of these but having all of them feels really really bad.

This has made me sadder than any other change in a long time.
Last bumped on Apr 26, 2024, 10:45:28 AM
"
Nixed wrote:
I really think these would be just fine IF we didn't have the Haunted modifiers which cannot be disabled. I just... don't get it. Who thought this was fun?

half the mods brick like most builds in the game.

It's really the haunted mods in t17s that just suck the fun right out. 600% more life, guaranteed crits, Penetrate ele, tons of attack speed. It's insane.

Can I beat them? yeah, i brick plenty but I've managed to clear some. But it's just not fun. Mods either destroy you or they're doable; this means there is almost no counterplay available in a large percentage of cases. Oh you invested heavily into defense? 90% all res? tons of armor? lol, enemies gain hundreds of % as extra ele and chaos and penetrate huge portions of resists. Turn the corner, boom dead. Repeat.

Tight windows, low visibility, insane damage, no counterplay. You can have like, 2 or 3 of these but having all of them feels really really bad.

This has made me sadder than any other change in a long time.

Hehe, I made one map with Uhtred and failed many others. I was really close with Catarina, I had her in my sights with a culling strike but she delivered the final blow

I think I will still be able to complete some maps from tier 17 by the end of the league

However, I agree with you, too many strange, obstructive mods and additionally haunted mods

For relatively new players, this may be a painful challenge
personally I think the entire design of "avoiding lines of text as a currency sink" or "making a build that can ignore all lines of text so I can just play the game and ignore map mods" is not fun, and limits build diversity especially for people who only want to alc and go and not read mods.

T17's are just the extreme logical extent of that design failure. The farthest possible degree of it that tests the rule.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
They are not fun. Farming them is not fun. Playing them is not fun. Its tedious and frustrating. Fantastic mechanics put in place for this league lol.
T17s are absolute clusterfking cancer. Sorry to say it but this has very little to do with difficulty but rather playing top 0.001% of builds and just nuking down the maps and bosses for the most part.

GGG is funny. They want build diversity, they want meta shifts, they want people to experiment more and we get year after year in content that promotes ONE specific playstyle.
"
Sxing wrote:
T17s are absolute clusterfking cancer. Sorry to say it but this has very little to do with difficulty but rather playing top 0.001% of builds and just nuking down the maps and bosses for the most part.

GGG is funny. They want build diversity, they want meta shifts, they want people to experiment more and we get year after year in content that promotes ONE specific playstyle.

I think you're exaggerating a bit with your criticism

In fact, combining some mods is absurd, but you can always roll them into your compilation

for my build, for example, there is a mod that doesn't make any difference

"Monsters Ignite, Freeze and Shock on Hit
"All Monster Damage can Ignite, Freeze and Shock"

because I have an aura of purity of elements

You need to test and adapt a bit
Hope they are not a permanent addition :(
I started farming them, finally having a character that's not shit (CI hexblast miner with about 9 million DPS and quite a bit of tankness)

and frankly I don't see a point to go back to tier 16 mapping.

It's so much more loot in these 17's. Map pays itself back if you can kill the boss alone, drops uber boss fragments which range in price from 10c to 2 div - on average let's say 60-100c a map.

I run them with BTB (giga multiplier on affixes), bunch of mirrored pack scarabs and a 50% not use a portal scarab in case i fuck up. Amount of loot that drops in there far exceeds even juiciest T16 strategies i have ran.
Tried my first one earlier.
Map was a walk-over... trivial like any map.

Boss was a broken mess...

First 50% was fine... avoid the red beams, easy. Until I died and came back to:

The next 5 minutes, the entire arena was 30??? red beams attached to him permanently, not a single spot to stand (Broken???) Nowhere in any of the videos on him i watched did it ever look like that.

died 6 times on him... logged off.

Well done GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info