Snipe only works once in maps when Cooldown reduction is over 100%

This is a weird bug, but should be easy to replicate. I only noticed it when playing with Back to Basics enabled with increased map modifier effects, and from there I was able to narrow it down to the cooldown reduction effect that rolls on maps.

If CDR reduction for players' skills is over 100%, Snipe (with puncture) can only be channeled and used 1 time successfully. Going forward, you will be able to channel it, but will never actually use the skill. This is made more apparent by using the Stygian MTX for Puncture to track when a monster is bleeding.

I tested this running an Enduring mana flask to rule out mana being the issue.
Last edited by alt01dz on Apr 20, 2024, 4:03:49 PM
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2024, 7:03:16 PM
If a skill has a cooldown and a map has more than 100% reduced cooldown recovery the skill will never recover its cooldown.

This is working correctly.
Snipe gives skills a .05 second cooldown.

so cooldown map mod scaled with map mod effect will brick it, not a bug.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
If a skill has a cooldown and a map has more than 100% reduced cooldown recovery the skill will never recover its cooldown.

This is working correctly.

"
dorkdude2 wrote:
Snipe gives skills a .05 second cooldown.

so cooldown map mod scaled with map mod effect will brick it, not a bug.

Even considering that Snipe cannot be used again at all, period, until you leave the map and re-enter?

When I say that Snipe can't be used again in the map, I mean it. You can use Snipe-Puncture exactly once, and then it will not be usable again for the entirety of your time in the zone unless leaving/re-entering.

If the skill has a 0.05 second cooldown, 150% reduced CDR should still be under a second, no? Is that really the intended mechanic?
That is how it has worked for years. It just has become more apparent to people when they play a build that utilizes cooldowns without cooldown recovery and when GGG adds mechanics that allow more sources of resourced cooldown. Like Eldritch altars, Archnemesis, and then this league with increased map effects.

100% reduced, no source of increased = infinite cooldown. Re-entering the map just lets you reset the cooldown in your hideout up to your maximum uses and then infinite again.

If you want a way to ignore the map mod, you can reduced the explicit map modifiers on atlas tree until you can't roll it up to 100% again. Otherwise you'll be stuck rolling over it like I've been doing with less recovery maps. 100% less recovery disables non-instant flasks, regen, etc.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
That is how it has worked for years. It just has become more apparent to people when they play a build that utilizes cooldowns without cooldown recovery and when GGG adds mechanics that allow more sources of resourced cooldown. Like Eldritch altars, Archnemesis, and then this league with increased map effects.

100% reduced, no source of increased = infinite cooldown. Re-entering the map just lets you reset the cooldown in your hideout up to your maximum uses and then infinite again.

If you want a way to ignore the map mod, you can reduced the explicit map modifiers on atlas tree until you can't roll it up to 100% again. Otherwise you'll be stuck rolling over it like I've been doing with less recovery maps. 100% less recovery disables non-instant flasks, regen, etc.

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

Thankfully I hit 100 with Bleed Bow Glad and will never play the class or skill again, so gg no re

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info