(Uber) boss overhaul.

I have given this a lot of thought regarding the new T17 bosses, and ubers.
As Mark pointed out the GGG team would like to see more players testing their chars against this content,
so T17 was introduced, the idea is great! but the execution catered yet again preloaded damage, a bosser have become something that stacks so much preloaded damage that once the boss encounter start its over, or in the next phase, this truely must be fustrating to see from a game developers standpoint, and because of this, they feel forced to make pretty much every boss mechanic one shot, ignoring block/suppress bypassing resistances and what have you not (im sorry but i hate that, if i invest in defences on a char, i have no interest in an encounter that ignores my efforts to stay alive :-)).

But! the bosses need to be deadly, and extremely hard, so how does one solve this, so this is where i thought of a fairly simple rework, so here goes.

1. First off when you enter a boss arena, you are active before the boss, fuck that :-) you entered the boss arena, the boss should be active the instant you enter, you better be prepared.

2. Limit the amount of DPS the boss can recieve, like a damage cap 10 million feel like its a reasonable number, most builds can achieve this with heavy investment.

3. Make them hard mechanically, and force us to do the mechanics, and not just make a miner (or any preloaded damage) and delete the boss.

Basicaly let us experience these fights, force us to see and play the mechanics, i bet you there are tons of super good players out there, that we havent seen or heard off, simply because they despise preloaded damage builds, but at the same time not making the same mistake D3 did when it first launched (cursed one-shot bee's lol)

Lets have build diversity in these boss fights, then i dont care if i have to fail a lot, before i succeed learning the boss, but as it stands now, there is no learning, its either you one tab boss or he one tabs you.
Last edited by hyttemaier on Apr 20, 2024, 8:25:19 AM
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2024, 8:21:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info