Scarabs are SO OP, but they make my gameplay worse.

Using random scarabs with minimal combination yealds INCREDIBLE rewards.
But they make my "login and alc and go" few maps dreadful.

Never have same number of scarabs of types you NEED to combine, constantly fighting and shuffling them around, respecing atlas to put required mechanic nodes to fit the scarabs putting in.

And let me not speak on hauling 2 inventory full of 1x1 items per map.

I do get stack of x8 chaos drop once every 10 maps.
What happened to stacked currency? everything drops in stack of 1.

Anyone figured out a workaround? Getting the "Scarabs cannot affect map device, +20 atlas passive points" felt redundant, i have all quant/rarity nodes, all modifier effect nodes. And putting those 20 points into beyond or extra mechanic just feels like 1% increase in loot, while scarabs are like 500% more loot. It's crazy difference.
All my energy goes to farm DW Daggers! BUFF MELEE!!1!1
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2024, 4:16:15 PM
It does seem like they are baked into the system now, like you are expected to use the right combinations and if not, nothing drops the whole map.

No solution or workaround, watch streamers and copy. Not better than before...
I'm apparently getting like 10 div worth of scarab drops per map. I'm then using 8ish of those divs per map and im picking up at least 200 scarabs per map. It's the worst gameplay loop and the least fun I've ever had in PoE. It's just awful. I've tried 3 or 4 different atlas trees at this point and I don't know. I can't seem to play the game for more than 7 or 8 minutes without it feeling soul crushingly bad.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I'm apparently getting like 10 div worth of scarab drops per map. I'm then using 8ish of those divs per map and im picking up at least 200 scarabs per map. It's the worst gameplay loop and the least fun I've ever had in PoE. It's just awful. I've tried 3 or 4 different atlas trees at this point and I don't know. I can't seem to play the game for more than 7 or 8 minutes without it feeling soul crushingly bad.

We have been here before... Same issues same complains.
They made currency and everything drop in stacks of 4-7.
Now it doesn't anymore, it's 1 breach splinter 100 times in breach. Or legion or everywhere, it's 1 piece of stack...

And as you sayd, i don't care about the profits if it feels bad to play...
All my energy goes to farm DW Daggers! BUFF MELEE!!1!1
personally i love plenty of the modifiers now available on Scarabs but i'd class this as degenerate gameplay, its extremely unpolished, messy and time consuming yet also yields incredible rewards.

So I was definitely happier before, I like most of what GGG have gone for with the scarabs but it needs a tidy up before i'd be anything like happy with its implementation and we probably won't get one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info