Not a mechinac for the average player - too punishing

My experience in this league so far.

League machanic is for high end stuff. Tried it. Failed 3 times in a row. Not going to try it again.

The time investment is far too high for a chance that is not worth it. For guys who play endless hours maybe.

I play casually, this game has been going in a direction that makes aspirational content so far out of reach that I find myself thinking why bother. I only see videos of what other people are getting and doing, been playing 10 years, and it always feels bad seeing content I have never been able to engage with.

Mainly high end crafting or even taking on uber content.

The game has a ton of content gated either by items being out of reach making builds types unobtainable, or the content difficulty is essentially so far out there that really the only way for people to get to try that stuff is they have to resort to RMT'ers to get the items or in game currency to even have the opportunity. This money could go to the game creators, not the game players.

As it stands. This is a game designed intentionally to needs a significant amount of time in order to get to a place to engage with engame content. You have not developed any solution to short cut it.

For the people who endlessly play this game your model is in their favour. For casual players. There is nothing your company provides.

So the greater majority of your potential customer base has no choice but to buy things or services from another company just to enjoy your game.

Is the intention trying to make other people money?

As it stands it would appear so.
Other complanies make a majority of the money from your game.

If RMT goes away. It would go away when a cheaper solution is presented.

What people want is time. A casual player connot put in the hours to be able to enjoy the content you put out. So you could make a seperate server where people can play the same league but have the option to buy in game currency to short cut the time investment. and for more serious players who are worried about the in game economy they can play on the server that does not allow for people to buy shortcuts.

This is just an idea.

I hope you make more money from a well designed game.

Last bumped on Apr 27, 2024, 3:58:16 AM
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info