[PoE2] So... melee get movement baked into attacks, ranged get free WASD movement?

One of the first big PoE2 reveals was how the cool new rigs allow melee builds to move while attacking. But that movement seems to be fixed depending on the attack, and the playtests are full of people overshooting enemies with their big lumbering slams that uncontrollably propel them past the target.

Then we get WASD movement, and suddenly ranged builds can use whatever ranged attacks they want while retaining precise control at all times.

Am I the only one who feels like melee got the dirty end of the stick again? And isn't that super ironic, considering the whole point of making the new rigs and anim system was to make melee better?

It's honestly such a trademark GGG move to introduce a fix for melee and end up with ranged reaping the most benefits, I'm not even sure why I'm surprised.
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2024, 1:15:26 PM
I can't wait as everyone will force attacking in place option. Like whole idea attacking in place limitation=bad is strange to me.
As you said range will get most benefits.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info