"The Immortal Will"

"The Immortal Will":

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/The_Immortal_Will

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Summon_Greater_Harbinger_of_Focus

"Exceptional Performance":
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Exceptional_Performance

My question is: May I increase the "The Immortal Will" buff duration by socketing a "Increased Duration Support" in the Shield or by allocating passives like "Exceptional Performance" ?
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2024, 10:28:20 PM
up
You can affect skill granted by items by socketing supports into the item, but what are you trying to increase? The duration of the buff that the minion is casting on you? Not sure about this, because its not the duration of the skill itself. Check and see if you can see the buff in POB.

From the wiki you posted: "The duration of the buff can be lengthened through the use of effect-lengthening buffs such as Shaper's Presence from Solstice Vigil."

So you can definitely modify the effect duration. Self temp chain should work as well. Not 100% sure on skill effect duration. I think it does work. I'm using aspect of the cat, a buff granted from an item, and SED nodes on the tree do interact with it. But I'm also casting it my self, not an ally.

From duration wiki - Duration most commonly refers to Skill Effect Duration, a stat and modifier which can increase or reduce the duration of effects of many skills and secondary effects from support gems. Note that not all timed effects from skills are considered skill effects.

How long is the buff? If its over 4s, you should be able to notice the extra 1s from 25% increase.

I skipped over this -

"The Unshattered Will" is a buff that lasts 4 seconds, with a cooldown of 8 seconds"

So If you find that you can extend the buff there is still a cooldown. On player skills this is hard to overcome because the skill doesn't cooldown during the effect, unsure if there is a way around this on received buffs that you did not cast yourself. The other thing is I don't think minions usually cast these buffs off cooldown, it might, but often they might be cycling other actions. I'm thinking of lightning golem, I feel like the aura buff isn't always instantly cast when available. It does seem like a pretty good buff to have if you can get good uptime.

(Just had a look in POB, you can see the minion stats but I don't think you can see the properties of the minions buff)
Last edited by Belegur85 on Apr 17, 2024, 3:12:49 AM
"
Belegur85 wrote:
Self temp chain should work as well

A small correction - temp chain will not work, because the buff makes you unaffected by curses.
"
Belegur85 wrote:
Self temp chain should work as well

A small correction - temp chain will not work, because the buff makes you unaffected by curses.

Ah! I see, ty!
TY by the help, i ll try some stuff around it

My goal is to get the buff duration to 8 sec so i can keep it up all the time or maybe 9 sec because of the minion's lenght to cast it

Since it is a minion casting the buff and there is nothing saying it won't cd until the buff ends, i guess it is possible to get it to 8 sec duration

my main doubt is if "increased skill effect duration" modifiers besides the support gem will work on a minion buff for the character
Last edited by Tremeldo on Apr 17, 2024, 3:44:37 AM
Such harbinger summoning skills are not supportable by gems.

"
Tremeldo wrote:
my main doubt is if "increased skill effect duration" modifiers besides the support gem will work on a minion buff for the character
You should care about the harbinger's skill effect duration, since it's the one who applies the buff. And only if it do this via a skill, because usual buffs are not a subject of skill effect duration. As far as I know, there're no modifiers to skill effect duration of minions. As usual, stats have to mention "minions" to affect them.
"
MonaHuna wrote:
Such harbinger summoning skills are not supportable by gems.

You should care about the harbinger's skill effect duration, since it's the one who applies the buff. And only if it do this via a skill, because usual buffs are not a subject of skill effect duration. As far as I know, there're no modifiers to skill effect duration of minions. As usual, stats have to mention "minions" to affect them.

Thank u!
I tried socketing some supporting gems like "increased duration" and "second wind", looks like none of those works for the harbinger.

Guess it can't be supported by gems...

A pity...
I think this buff could be helpful with 33% uptime, maybe filling in the gaps with flask, the shield stats aren't great, but also not terrible if your using a channeling skill, pretty niche though.
Last edited by Belegur85 on Apr 17, 2024, 10:28:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info