Warbands lore

I’ve been scouring the internet for this info as I haven’t played the game back then, but what exactly were the warbands? Were they like clans one was born into? Were they random groups of people who banded together? Were those people exiles or Wraeclast natives?

If anyone’s got any info I’d appreciate your answers very much. Thanks and stay safe!
Last edited by dissindissonance on Apr 15, 2024, 5:09:47 PM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2024, 9:19:55 AM
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
really isn't much lore on them Kittencatnoodle didn't touch on it either and they have a good amount of lore videos.

If you care for other poe lore.
https://www.youtube.com/@KittenCatNoodle/videos

https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Warbands_league

-In the Warbands league, warring clans spread throughout Wraeclast. These warbands are tight-knit groups of enemies who cooperate and use synergistic skills to take you down. At higher levels, elite and leader enemies were present, who directed their Warband in combat and could take matters into their own hands if the tide of battle turned against them. Each of the three Warbands had exclusive Unique Items that only drop from them. The presence of the warbands in Wraeclast fluctuated over time and responds to the Exiles' efforts to hunt them.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
From what i remember this built on Rogue Exiles but with more lore behind it.
You could influence/alter the outcome (better odds for stronger mobs/bosses) in following instances/maps depending how you engaged with the content.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Apr 15, 2024, 7:52:35 PM
The lore compilation has a section with everything that's known about warbands. It's towards the end in the Miscellaneous Lore section.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/18htqka/lore_compilation_update_for_323/
The Warbands are varied, no two warbands share lore, and the information on them is light to say the least.

Renegades appear to be a collection of exiles coming together to forma clan.

Brinerot are Pondium pirates (one seems to be related to Tiny from the Syndicate, Musky "Two-Eye" Grenn, and another is related to everyones second favorate pirate, Weylem Roth, Lussi Roth, who I think kicked him out of Pondium).

The Mutewind and Redblade appear to be free standing tribes, and again the Syndicate had recruited from them. We know they're tribes as their related item flavor talks about generational traditions, and the exiles only started with Dominious (at least at scale enough to form a tribe).

For the Mutewind we know that Rin is a member (or former one), obviously arctic in their native realms, either high mountain dwellers, or perhaps the ice plains of Trathus (Though the former is more likely, as Rin talks about the dangers of Avalanchies). They seem to have a social focus on racial purity and rejection of outsiders (Rin refers to the others as Muckbloods), and clearly have a connection to the Redblades (likely they share similar spaces and compete for resources). Like the others, she has a releative who is a warband leader, Jeinai Yuushuu, either a mother or sister).

The Redblade worship a volcano believing, its a god they sacrifice people to. This being is the Titan seen in Crucible, which formed the basis of their people (according to the item El'Abins Visage). Korrel is one, and they seem to also believe in a Phenoix of some sort (or maybe he just picked that up post Syndicate). Obviously from such a place, that also is near Mutewinds, it's possible that they share a mountain range, with the Redblade living in the volcano, while Mutewinds live atop it. They have an obvious clan structure built around loyalty to warlords. Despite at least Korells front of brutality, they seem to understand politicking and social manuvering very well, suggesting a tight social structure (as opposed to the interactions with Rin, which seem more indiviual focused). Redblades seem to favor swords and shields as weapons, having bothe The Redblade, and the Redblade Banner.

While we don't know a great amount of details of any of the warbands, I hope these help some.
"
PrometheusBd wrote:
The lore compilation has a section with everything that's known about warbands. It's towards the end in the Miscellaneous Lore section.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/18htqka/lore_compilation_update_for_323/

I was wondering where Kittenoodles finds all that text with white background, this solves the mystery. This helps a ton, thanks everyone!
Last edited by dissindissonance on Apr 25, 2024, 9:20:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info