Hot take: Necropolis League is actually GREAT...

"
wi5pa1 wrote:
Player customisation of character is being taken away and now a feeling micro-managed and forced to do particular mechanics to keep up with trade and meta, it is a very bad thing.

So... once again, the over-focus on SC trade as the GGG-approved way to engage with the game seems to be the issue. I agree; it's literally the core of my thesis.

"
wi5pa1 wrote:
syndicate crafting removed
lab crafting removed
LMB removed
master missions removed
badly implemented scarabs
gate locked bosses on t17 maps
the list goes on and on.....

It's interesting that you're calling out the removal of syndicate and lab crafting as negatives, while most of GGG's critics were citing those an examples of the kind of bloat that needed to be cleaned up to make the game more approachable to newer players. In a game like this, every thing is someone's favourite thing, so there are always trade offs to removing a thing, but I think the long-term health of the game does require that crafting be simplified a little bit. And we'll have to agree to disagree about the master mission counter -- personally, I was happy to see that thing removed. Ditto for the scarabs -- I'm having a great time with the new scarabs. As for T17 maps, I'm not there yet, so I can't comment.

"
wi5pa1 wrote:
What a shit-show GGG have made of POE, its disappointing.

Again, agree to disagree. I'm loving this league, and having so much fun with PoE1 right now that I (almost) don't mind that PoE2 was delayed.

It does sound like you might have enough specific asks of GGG to make a bingo card, though, and we know that Mark 1 likes those. Have you already done that? If not, maybe do that.

"
tsunamikun wrote:
The cemetery as the crafting station. I understand that they wanted to set the theme, but there is a lot of visual clutter in there. Clutter i don't care about after witnessing it once. We also get slots for corpses (60 lol) which are less then one complete craft (86?) as locker. the rest must be managed in stash. If you want to find a corpse in the 60 you have a search which resets every time you plant the corpse etc pp. and most annoy are the large markers of corpses in maps. I mean wtf, they overlay currency on the ground and also obscure mechanics on the battlefield. gosh i love 3 corpses dropping in the heat of a pack with bosses etc in between and overlooking the slam animation, because -1 explicit modifier is more important. i could go on, but lets stop here ^

OK, so it's just the UI/UX you take issue with. That's fair; as I said, it is clunky. They should definitely improve these aspects of the thing, when they make it core. 😏
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
"
Waitubold wrote:
I'm loving this league, and having so much fun with PoE1 right now that I (almost) don't mind that PoE2 was delayed.

I don't want to nitpick, but at level 82, having only one character, you probably don't play much.
I am not saying that your opinion isn't important, but "loving"? I mean, what are you loving in this league? Only positives you talk relate to base game.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
Waitubold wrote:
I'm loving this league, and having so much fun with PoE1 right now that I (almost) don't mind that PoE2 was delayed.

I don't want to nitpick, but at level 82, having only one character, you probably don't play much.
I am not saying that your opinion isn't important, but "loving"? I mean, what are you loving in this league? Only positives you talk relate to base game.

Have I played enough to meet your criteria, or do you want to discard my opinion based on something else instead? Time's ticking
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Have I played enough to meet your criteria, or do you want to discard my opinion based on something else instead? Time's ticking

I didn't ask you.
"End of March makes 3 months and 21 days which is almost 4 months and not 3 1/2, get your math right hoho."
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I didn't ask you.

But I agree with everything he says. :)
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

But I don't want to know what you have to say :]
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

But I don't want to know what you have to say :]

I don't have to say anything, you just have to engage with what Waitubold said since I already said I agree with what he said, and surely you cannot say that I haven't played enough to know what I am talking about. :)
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
I don't have to say anything, you just have to engage with what Waitubold said since I already said I agree with what he said, and surely you cannot say that I haven't played enough to know what I am talking about. :)
Jesus, dude. Who said I disagree or something. Like I said that he "loves" the league but said nothing about it. So I am asking. He didn't try T17, nothing about Allflames, UI is clunky. So I am curious... Maybe mirror drop? I don't know.
"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Jesus, dude. Who said I disagree or something. Like I said that he "loves" the league but said nothing about it. So I am asking. He didn't try T17, nothing about Allflames, UI is clunky. So I am curious... Maybe mirror drop? I don't know.

OK, folks, let's de-escalate a bit, here.

@ArtCrusade, thank you for fending off the transparent "no true Scotsman" argument. It's not really necessary, though -- I don't mind saying what I'm enjoying about the league. I just don't know that it's going to be particularly illuminating, since the answer is "basically everything."

@Dxt44, I think I was pretty clear about the fact that I'm not trading. Since I'm not trying to cheese the SC trade economy, I'm free to take my time and enjoy the journey, which is what I'm doing. So, yeah, I'm just running the maps I have, collecting the corpses that result, crafting periodically as my morgue fills up, and using Allflames to add a little variety to the experience every once in a while. Probably not optimal, but I don't really care about optimal, and don't measure my fun in mirrors per hour, or divines per hour, or any other arbitrary external metric. I'm just having fun with everything, really.

Yeah, the league's UI is a little clunky, but not enough to spoil my fun. I love that I can just play around with the crafting mechanic without needing to live on Craft Of Exile, or anything -- it's a fine tool, but I haven't ever felt the need for it. I love that the mechanic rewards playstyles other than just Uber-Juicing Zoom for a change; being able to play the game any way you wanted used to be PoE's best feature, and it feels a little like we're getting a bit of it back with Necropolis.

I'm even loving the new Automation gem - having my Guard skill re-up itself even if I'm pinned in place is great. I haven't got to T17 maps yet, though, since I'm just playing when I have time free, and it's been a busy week. I'm looking forward to getting in some quality PoE time on the week-end, though. I've actually got further this league than I normally have at this point, and we still have another two and half months to go. Plenty of time.

Give me a properly-balanced solo mode, and some actual melee gameplay, and I'll be happy as a clam.
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
Last edited by Waitubold on Apr 19, 2024, 5:21:23 PM
"
wi5pa1 wrote:
"
Angrybagel wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
No. Why? Because as soon you start ignoring the actual league mechanic and focus on "core game", the game becomes more fun. That is the clearest sign the league is shit.

Very much this.

+1
However they are destroying the core parts of the game now too,
so the fun runs out very fast,

GGG have taken POE backwards...

This is what worries me. Not just because you don't have standard to fall back on anymore, but the core game is more or less damaged.
General discussion gaming forums are almost always a cesspit of ignorance and trolls.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info