Ralakesh's Impatience Frenzy of Onslaught interaction

Frenzy stacks are always consumed at 1 stack (probably working as intended given wording on the gem)

Onslaught buff granted at 1 second rather than a number of seconds defined by max number of frenzy charges (bug).

According to https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Ralakesh%27s_Impatience , the max charge affix on the boots:

"

This modifier does not grant actual charges in the buff bar, but does provide the base charge stats as well as counting for effects granted per charge as if you had your maximum number

also

"

This modifier does not prevent triggering stats that have the conditional when you reach Maximum X Charges or on reaching Maximum X Charges. These modifiers still occur when your actual number of charges reach the maximum amount.

I'd expect to see 3 seconds of the onslaught buff when the frenzy charge is consumed at the actual max stack seen on the buff bar rather than 1 second.
Last edited by BigOhNotation on Apr 11, 2024, 8:06:57 PM
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2024, 12:56:09 AM
You must have the charges to consume them. Ralakesh boots lets you keep the effects of the charges after consuming them instead of staggering the benefit until reaching max again.

But if you don't a source of frenzy charge generation, then you have no charges to consume so get the minimum effect.
Definitely an odd interaction considering the Frenzy of Onslaught skill generates charges. It always consumes the charge displayed at the buff bar at the next hit as you are considered to be at max charges no matter what, so you're never actually able to build real charges.

The skill should choose, either:

1. I am not at max stacks and need to build them on the buff bar.

or

2. I am at max stacks and have the onslaught buff per frenzy charge

what we currently have is that I'm considered at max stacks for 1 effect but not for the other.
Last edited by BigOhNotation on Apr 11, 2024, 10:27:02 PM
Looks like this is a similar issue to rotgut not providing onslaught

"
Rotgut does not give Onslaught while at maximum Frenzy Charges due to Ralakesh's Impatience
- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1733474
Last edited by BigOhNotation on Apr 11, 2024, 10:37:19 PM
You generate 1 frenzy, you consume it, you get 1 second of onslaught. If you had Blood Rage and got charges on kill then used Frenzy of Onslaught with 3 actual charges, you lose the 3, get 3 seconds, but still have the effect of 3 charges with Ralakesh.

Rotgut is the exact same wording.. "consumes". You can't consume charges you don't have. I'm happy for people using it if GGG proves it wrong and makes a change, but it's consistent with minimum charges in that you have the bonuses of the charges but can't consume them.

And that bug says doesn't give Onslaught. Completely separate bug since you're getting 1 second onslaught from the 1 charge you're generating.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info