T17 - solo only

"
Jradlot21 wrote:
You guys defend the game just because you simply can't say anything bad about it I just don't get it.

Your entiled to your opinion but the majority of players hated t17 maps before they patched them. That's why they got patched. There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, this league was probably the worst ever at launch and for some reason people like you are defending it??? I think a small amount of players actually enjoy it but most I think are just uber nerds that can't say anything bad about their precious path of exile....

I love ssf I don't get ur point.. 40 chaos wasn't the issue the t17 mods were the issue.. they have now been patched.
Also most of you guys probably never even tried the fucking things before they were patched that's what's funny about this. You can't judge something you never tried, if you didn't get there in a few days first week you didn't get to experience the fucking thing did ya?

I'm not trying to be a prick or a elitist by the way it'd just the truth. If I played trade I'd be done the game so fast I would get bored.... I don't like having access to everything so easily.... I get extremely bored very quickly when I play trade league.

I'm not knocking trade play whatever you like but trade isn't for me..

See ya, hope the league got better with patches and you all enjoy it.

I'm simply pointing out the toxicity in what you are saying and how you are posturing yourself. You say you don't "try to be elitist or be a prick" and honestly I don't think you have to even try.

As to the content: yes it was bad at release. It was fixed. You're beating a dead horse. You attempted it once, got your fingers burnt and quit. Also tells a story.

This game thrives from challenging content. They could call it quits after T1 maps and never scale the game beyond that but what's the fun in that, and for what reason would you improve your character past being able to beat T1 maps? The logical conclusion is to add content that challenges even people who complete T16 maps with ease.

Let me remind you of some of your words:

"
Jradlot21 wrote:
Nice try though buddy... I don't care about competing but I'm a far better player then you will ever be. Anytime you wanna race let me know:)

If anything is a testiment to your character, this has to be it.

"
Jradlot21 wrote:
Trade league is all about divine per hour.

For some it may well be. But saying that it's all about that would be like throwing SSF players like you and me into one bin. Some of us build bridges, others, well, not so much.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Apr 20, 2024, 12:22:38 PM
[Removed by Support]

For the record, as someone who has only ever played trade since it was first introduced into the game: I have never thought about div / hr. I think about characters per league, and whether I am having fun or not. "Trade" simply exists to shorten the length of time it takes me to get over GGG-made temporal barriers. Certain builds require no trade at all, while others (because of FUN) require early trade to achieve base uniques and specific mods.

I simply do not find it fun to sit there and wait for days on end for something that may or may not drop. At this point in my PoE journey, I can always switch to a different build based on SSF drops but.....I don't want to? Is that allowed?

@toxicplayer#1: there is plenty negative in this game. And many of us who you claim NEVER say anything negative have been pretty darn vocal about the negatives. I myself have entirely quit the game because I don't currently like where its at. I stay / came back on the forums because I know that eventually.....I'm going to come back. Addiction is a huge bitch. But I just don't find the current game fun in the least, too many new changes that are totally against what I used to find fun.

But all that said...I can STILL see the value of content that should be done ON YOUR OWN. I have never liked the idea that you can buy carries/challenges/progression. Players never learn how bad their builds are or even how to improve, and those same players go on the forum and trash the game for being overly complicated and impossible and blahblah. If the developers gated MORE content behind achievements you can only get by actually, you know, ACHIEVING them then the more players are encouraged to learn mechanics and understand what they are doing.

This isn't a SSF thing, trade thing, elitist thing, imo. It is simply a healthy overall game thing. There is nothing GGG can do to combat build guides....but they can make it so when you actually PLAY you are rewarded for your effort in certain ways. I can't wrap my mind around the people who are saying how "mandatory" this 5th map slot is. It isn't. You get PLENTY of juice and customization with the four base slots. And players who don't already know the 5th slot exists....don't even miss it. It doesn't block them from doing anything.

I have a much bigger problem with gating uber frags behind t17s, but thats mostly because of OTHER changes made to regular boss drops and not because t17s are harder than the bosses themselves. There's plenty of content where the actual content ends up being harder than the bosses they lead to.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 20, 2024, 12:50:05 PM
"
Jradlot21 wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
"
Jradlot21 wrote:

wtf are you talking about ?? I got to t17s in the first week in SSF......

"
Complete each of the following tasks in Tier 17 Maps.

Defeat Rare monsters with at least 4 Modifiers (0/50)
Complete Maps (0/30)

Ya, pass.

I never said I finished the map ..... thr t17 mopped the floor with me. I quit playing the league after my first T17 the league is shit and they were balanced terribly. Notice I have 4 voidstones which I got in the first few days to find my t17 that kicked my ass.

Nice try though buddy... I don't care about competing but I'm a far better player then you will ever be. Anytime you wanna race let me know:)

You literally tried to counter and said you went to t17s lmao if you never finished a t17 why comment? You didn't even kill a single rare dude and if you're a far better player why haven't you done that?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 20, 2024, 1:33:13 PM
Embarrassing fellow countrymen aside...

+1 to OP. In fact, I'd like it taken a step further:

Start everyone with a 2-slot map device, and make them solo complete the quest versions of Eater and Exarch for their 3rd and 4th slots. I unironically think this will help weaker players because if you can't kill bosses without buying carries you are probably better off selling your scarabs anyway and putting that currency into your build.
"

Start everyone with a 2-slot map device, and make them solo complete the quest versions of Eater and Exarch for their 3rd and 4th slots. I unironically think this will help weaker players because if you can't kill bosses without buying carries you are probably better off selling your scarabs anyway and putting that currency into your build.

I was thinking that maybe players should receive one map device slot per voidstone acquired, but that'd be problematic also. You need 4 slots to access Atziri, and I frankly don't think you should be required to kill 3 bosses before being able to access her.

Could maybe bypass that by adding an inventory recipe where, if you arrange the pieces in a circle much like you would in the map device, you receive a key for the encounter?

I like the sound of it at least
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"

I was thinking that maybe players should receive one map device slot per voidstone acquired, but that'd be problematic also. You need 4 slots to access Atziri, and I frankly don't think you should be required to kill 3 bosses before being able to access her.

Could maybe bypass that by adding an inventory recipe where, if you arrange the pieces in a circle much like you would in the map device, you receive a key for the encounter?

I like the sound of it at least

I completely forgot about Atziri! But I agree, they should just snap together in your inventory like Harbinger fragments to create a single-slot Atziri map item, regardless of any other changes which are made. Buying/selling uber atziri sets is needlessly annoying as is, it's long past time for making it a single tradeable item.
^haha I said that exact same thing a few pages back....there should be MORE content (especially those map device slots) gated behind boss fights and obstacles you overcome yourself.

Atziri is super outdated and needs an update, from fragments to mechanics. I can see them removing the lvl 70 version entirely, or keeping Atziri COMPLETELY within Alva temples.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 20, 2024, 5:37:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info