An idea for changing the trade system.

The reasons:

It is such a pain to buy from the trade channel. We all know.
Sometimes you need to use way more time buying orbs than it takes to craft an item with it.

The suggestion:

My idea is to change the trade site so that people can choose the items and pay for them there, then the item can be received.

This way you can remove much frustration with trading and make gamers independence of eachothers time, by making buying and putting items on trading site un-interactive for in game trading all handled in the trading site.

Actually i feel this will get more people to game in social games and not following the trend to go ssf. as the trading pain is a reason in its own.

Kind regards 666BeastWithIn
Last bumped on May 12, 2024, 3:21:05 PM
In addition, if this was implemented. It could also get rid of scammers and price pumpers or whatever different missuse of trading.

The clean way of:

Sale:
1. Put your item for sale in the trading site.
2. Tell the cost price
3. go grind.

Buy:

1. Go select what you want from trading site
2. Purchase by button
3. Pay for in game currency "Go grind"
4. Item sent to buyer:
4.a. In game: email or directly to stash if possible.
4.b. Or directly from trading site, like a link is sent from trading site to buyer and seller directly as could an item if possible.
I've never liked or used trading in ARPG since D1. That said I see these threads and think the below would fix a lot of issues in the manifesto.

- Have an AH fine.
- Limit the ability to use it, a non-tradable currency or just a long flat timer to trading that prevents EZ/fast trading breaking the game balance.

The only reason I care is if easy AH trading kills SSF due to them lowing drop rates to compensate. Tell me how time limited trading still breaks the issues in the manifesto.
It would solve a few issues, like price gaugers.
The endless clicks it takes to get one item, you end up just clicking 20 in the hope that one person is available.
It then resolves the issue of, it's not worth my time to stop what i'm doing, invite the person, wait for them to come to my hideout, load my hideout, trade for the item.

However, it would create the feeling of a dead world.
If all you do is play alone, in your hideout, you'd have no sense of engagement.
You'd have no reason to visit some random hideout and be like wow what is this hideout?
Or engage with other players and see their MTX
That feeling knowing there are other players in the world, farming just like you.
How would the auction house understand what half an orb of alchemy is truly worth? or discuss with the seller if they'd accept a gum ball curve ball (basically a combination of diferent orbs to suffice trade)
Sometimes, not often, but occassionally people would throw in a few extra chaos because for whatever reason they didn't want to split a stack or were just generous to tip.
How would you know if you listed an item too low, or accidently put your kit in the wrong stash tab and have it bought out before you realised? - mate did this recently, put a few items from his kit into his ~1c sale tab and got spammed repeatedly.

tl;dr - it creates more problems than it solves.
If they would add insta buyout to it the console ingame market board would be perfect for small everyday trades. PC should get this as well..
For gear trades and stuff there will always be the trade website with its superior search functions.
"
MaxW81 wrote:
If they would add insta buyout to it the console ingame market board would be perfect for small everyday trades. PC should get this as well..
For gear trades and stuff there will always be the trade website with its superior search functions.

it's either "easy search, uncomfortable exchange" or difficult search, cmfortable exchange".

having both would totally turn poe into a trade game for bots
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Players to have a "market stall" in their hideout, with some settings like mini puzzle or levels restrictions to stop bots from interacting easily with the stall.
"
Jixa87 wrote:
It would solve a few issues, like price gaugers.
The endless clicks it takes to get one item, you end up just clicking 20 in the hope that one person is available.
It then resolves the issue of, it's not worth my time to stop what i'm doing, invite the person, wait for them to come to my hideout, load my hideout, trade for the item.

However, it would create the feeling of a dead world.
If all you do is play alone, in your hideout, you'd have no sense of engagement.
You'd have no reason to visit some random hideout and be like wow what is this hideout?
Or engage with other players and see their MTX
That feeling knowing there are other players in the world, farming just like you.
How would the auction house understand what half an orb of alchemy is truly worth? or discuss with the seller if they'd accept a gum ball curve ball (basically a combination of diferent orbs to suffice trade)
Sometimes, not often, but occassionally people would throw in a few extra chaos because for whatever reason they didn't want to split a stack or were just generous to tip.
How would you know if you listed an item too low, or accidently put your kit in the wrong stash tab and have it bought out before you realised? - mate did this recently, put a few items from his kit into his ~1c sale tab and got spammed repeatedly.

tl;dr - it creates more problems than it solves.

The choice to play alone will not suffer by these suggestions i have made. The choices will still be made by gamers, you will however get more quallity time gaming and crafting, when you stop waiting for trades to happen, you can wait while gaming this is what we try to acheive here. Stop tvisting it around and read again if you missundastood.
All of this has been suggested a thousand times over many years with absolutely zero impact.

But I know, this is the only place in which you can get your ideas and frustrations out so...
"
Glorfndel01 wrote:
All of this has been suggested a thousand times over many years with absolutely zero impact.

But I know, this is the only place in which you can get your ideas and frustrations out so...

Then i cannot understand why GGG allows all the price pumbers and scammers the game is full of. It would need fresh eyes on it then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info