Make Portal Scrolls easier to use (suggestion inside)

So PC now has a way of binding Portal Scrolls to their keyboard. Consoles are still missing this QoL feature, but i would say that this could be fixed without much impact:

As it is right now, the functionality of all the Shortcuts on the L2+R2 combination (or LT+RT on XBox) is highly underused. It's only use is for some league mechanics. And even then the maximum i saw was 4 out of 8 shortcuts used.

Which still leaves many combinations open for the players to potentially use. So if we could use for example all of the L2+R2 and the directional button shortcuts for binding to items, this would be a big improvement to Console QoL. It would leave the other keys open for league mechanics as well.

Hope to see this being considered!
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2024, 3:29:21 PM
Suggestion:

Put scroll in bottom right of inventory. Tap middle button, tap joystick right then down, press X.

L2 + R2 already has too much on it. We need less there not more.
"

What? You must be confusing something here. I am talking about pressing L2+R2 simultaneously. Those shortcuts are basically empty and you can't map anything to them yourself.
"
Put scroll in bottom right of inventory. Tap middle button, tap joystick right then down, press X.

Why not in the top left corner? Tap middle button, press X.

"
"

This.

As far as I see we always had teleport shortcut.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
"
"

Ultimately, speed while mapping quickly.

Top Left is for new items to be stashed or sold.
Right side is good items to be kept.

It's faster to open inventory to dump it all in if the portals/wisdoms are out of the way. As they are an item you always keep on you putting them as far away from the drop location is the ideal approach.
"
FlamefistAce wrote:
"

What? You must be confusing something here. I am talking about pressing L2+R2 simultaneously. Those shortcuts are basically empty and you can't map anything to them yourself.

They aren't empty, they are almost all used for various things. Some of them more than one.

I'm not sure if a list exists of their functions but it would be helpful if one did. They tend to only pop up when you have that area active within a map. As those can coexist so must the button options. Delve is alone so it can have buttons shared with other leagues.

IE:
(4)Delve: Triangle = dynamite, Square = flare, up = purchase, down = map
(2)Graves: X dude takes it, Square you get a coffin (used to be Triangle but was changed due to overlap)
(1)Alva: Triangle = map
(1)Delirium: Button to end (forget what one)
(1)Blight: Right to speed up
(1)Ritual: To open sale window (forget what one)

Expedition = (no room) L3 + directional
SE/EoW Alters = (no room) L3 + Directional
Wisps = (no room) L3 + Directional (last league - shared button with one above, breaking interaction)

I'm sure there's others that I'm forgetting too, that's just off the top of my head.
Spoiler
"
"
"

"

Ultimately, speed while mapping quickly.

Top Left is for new items to be stashed or sold.
Right side is good items to be kept.

It's faster to open inventory to dump it all in if the portals/wisdoms are out of the way. As they are an item you always keep on you putting them as far away from the drop location is the ideal approach.

Thank you, I understand your explanation, but I don’t understand)
When completing a map, we usually always create one portal and drop the loot once.
If the portal scroll is at the top left, I create a portal very quickly. When dropping loot, I first only need to move one square to the right. Doesn't moving to the bottom right corner ultimately take more time when creating a portal than moving one square into the shelter?
I'm not a native English speaker, sorry

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info